Thursday, October 12, 2017

What to Wear to Keeneland In the Fall

What to Wear to Keeneland In the Fall






Shop My Look: 

Today I have some very exciting news: I was featured on the Draper James blog! I am so excited and it was lots of fun answering some Keeneland questions! So today on Summer Wind, I'm also talking about Keeneland! If you aren't familiar, Keeneland is a racecourse in Lexington, Kentucky and hosts horse races twice a year: in October and April! I've gone to both the fall and spring races in the past so I was excited to attend again this year! 

I've been to Lexington several times before because my younger sister, Callie, went to the University of Kentucky (she graduated in 2016). Now, our close family friend (she might as well be a cousin), Bailey goes to UK so we still have a great excuse to visit the gorgeous town! 
We went to Keeneland on Saturday of opening weekend. It's one of the events that I most look forward to. You get all dressed up, tailgate, and then head in to watch the races... and place some bets! 

The grounds are always immaculately kept and tailgating in the rolling fields of bluegrass is so. much. fun. We set up a table filled with snacks and cocktails and enjoyed the super warm day. 
The Draper James in Lexington (at Fritz Farm)
This year, I opted to go with this gorgeous lace number by Draper James! You can also shop the brand at Nordstrom! I love that the beautifully intricate lace is outlined with navy blue. It really makes the lace pop! I also love the half sleeves with the added ruffle at the end. It's a pretty straight fit. I originally got the two, but it was tight in my shoulders/chest area so I switched for the 4 which was more comfortable! I'd say if you are at all curvy to size up! 

I think this dress would also be perfect for any fall/winter wedding festivities if you are a bride-to-be! I really think the navy detailing brings it into the fall/winter months seamlessly! If you are in the Lexington area, Draper James has the most darling boutique located at Fritz Farm! It was definitely decor goals with the beautifully upholstered furniture and pops of blue and white everywhere! Not to mention it was filled to the brim with all the gorgeous fall pieces!

If you are going to Keeneland, my biggest suggestion is to dress for the weather. You're probably thinking, duh. But really, it can get muddy if at all wet- so even rain boots are a good option. I've also been when it's really cold and you need a coat/sweater/etc. And this past weekend, it was super hot so we were prepared with lots of water. 
While at Keeneland, besides placing bets or cheering on the horses, it's also really cool because you can 'meet' the horses, pet them, and snap a pic with them. That's one of my favorite parts! They're all so beautiful. 

They also have food/drinks (a stand with Moet champagne!) and a gift shop. And when I say gift shop, it sounds cheesy/touristy, right? Well this is basically the best gift shop EVER and you do not want to miss it. It's beautiful inside and has so many gorgeous pieces of clothing, silk scarves, housewares, brands like Barbour, Draper James, etc. They also have branded Keeneland items but even those are adorable. This is also where you can find hats and fascinators galore!

All in all, it's so much fun and definitely worth attending. It goes through October and then is back again in April! Thanks again for Draper James for having me on their blog
More Draper James Pieces I Love:


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on being featured on Draper James! That is so awesome for you :)

Shannon

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure