Monday, March 12, 2018

Instastories Try-On

From time to time, I shared a try-on style video on my instastories. I know a lot of you may not be following along on instastories, so I thought I would share the pieces I tried here on Summer Wind! I really loved most of the pieces that I got for my Charleston trip (you can see all of the pieces I packed on the right sidebar under 'Charleston Trip') but I think these are my most-favorite which will be on repeat throughout the spring.

I have linked each piece in text right under the item. At the bottom of this post, I created a widget so all of you visual people can shop there! I'll also go through sizing for each piece!

If you still want to see the try-on it is saved on my instastories highlights under 'try-on'! I wanted to go through all of this with you becuase I have been receiving so many e-mails that are asking about sizing for the pieces I shared. So I figured I would share here, too, so I'm able to quickly link to this post in my response to those of you who have reached out.

Sizing: This dress runs big. I would size down because there is plenty of room in the skirt area!

Sizing: This skirt runs true to size and is somewhat adjustable because of the tie on the waist. The sweater is true to size, too, but I find it to be fitter rather than a slouchy/cozy fit. 

Sizing: This sweater runs true to size. I would not suggest sizing up. The jeans run big, I typically wear a 27 or 4 in jeans but I am wearing a 2 in these. Size down!

Sizing: The jacket runs true to size, but if you want to layer with a thicker sweater or multiple layers, I would size up one size. 

Sizing: This cami runs true to size, maybe a bit big. If you are in between sizes, size down. I also got a lot of questions asking if the cami was sheer and it's not at all- just make sure to wear a nude bra. The sweater blazer also runs true to size. It does not fit like your traditional blazer in that it is meant to fit loosely and less structured. So I feel like a small was roomy on me, but I wouldn't have sized down.

Note: There is a factory version of this sweater blazer for a lot less. But, I have felt both and I truly don't think it's as nice as the regular version!
Sizing: These pants fit true to size. I am wearing a size 27 which is my typical size in jeans. The waist was a bit big but the legs are slim and then they are a bit loose again at the ankles. They have a tiny bit of stretch in them which I find to be really nice if you want to be comfortable and active when wearing. 
Shop the Post:

2 comments:

Karen said...

Love today's post, Henry looks so sad...mom let's go for a walk!

Lauren said...

Love your insta story try-ons; you always put together the most classic outfits!

Lauren,
http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure