Thursday, April 19, 2018

Lately 4/19/2018

Dress// Shoes (old Valentino)
This past weekend was absolutely jam-packed and so much fun and this weekend has been pretty good besides the SNOW! Can you believe it? I honestly couldn't, especially after we had an 80+ degree day this past Saturday!

This week I got a lot done and had my first violin lesson! I'm currently trying to take it easy because I hit my head so hard on my refrigerator (how I did this, I have no idea). But I have a giant lump and bruise on my head and I definitely gave myself a concussion. Nothing major but I've had ome bad headaches here and there. This weekend is going to be low-key. I am ready for some r and r!

Wearing: On Thursday, some girlfriends took me out to celebrate. We headed to the Fairmont's Floor 2 restaurant. It's pretty new and I had only been once before for a cheese plate and drinks. The decor is soooo good. It's straight out of the Mad Men era and really nails the Mid Century Modern vibe, making it chic and trendy. Which, was perfect for the dress I wore. It's definitely something Betty Draper would have sported. This dress is gorgeous and I honestly can't believe how low the price is for the quality and craftsmanship. It has a cute mock neck with a bow, a conservative pleated skirt-length and it's nipped in the waist.

Eating: I made a burrito bowl with leftover turkey taco meat and used spaghetti squash instead of rice. It sounds really weird but it was actually delicious. I think I'll plan on doing it this way from now on!

Drinking: I've been obsessed with Tangerine La Croix lately. It's SO good and tastes so fresh!
Sale-ing: For the Sephora Rouge Members, you already know that Sephora is having a 15% off sale. However, the sale is open to VIB members starting tomorrow. You can see my favorites in the widget above and I'll have a full blog post highlighting the sale on Saturday. The sale ends 4/23. 

Watching:
 You guys absolutely need to watch American Crime Story season 2 (it's on FX). It's about the Versace murder and it's SO creepy. I watched all of the episodes in 3 days. I was addicted. The story is crazy and it's really well done.

Loving: Barrington Gifts has some new arrivals featuring their spring prints and colors and I am obsessed! The yacht tote is one of my favorites because of the roomy size, luxe leather, and 6 pockets. With graduation season upon us, I think Barrington Gifts is a really great resource for personalized gifting! My picks for graduates are this weekender, this wallet keyring, this laptop cover, and this classic tote

Loving II: I'm in love with this men's fisherman sweater. I ordered a size small for myself, so fingers crossed that it fits! I will report back because it's such a classic spring/summer/fall staple. 

Wanting: I've been looking for a really functional jacket to wear in the rain. I have some cuter rain jackets but they either don't have a hood or don't truly repel the water. I came across this jacket and I think it might be perfect! I have to take Henry out multiple times of day regardless of the weather so a good rain jacket is a must in my book!




Pittsburgh-ing: Two weekends ago I headed to Eddie V's with my parents. It's located in the Union Trust building which has just gone through a major renovation. It was my first time actually walking through the building and it really is incredible. Not a huge fan of the blue carpet and the purple chairs, but it all somehow works. But looking up is the best part! Definitely one of the most beautiful buildings in downtown Pittsburgh.

Pittsburgh-ing II: It's certainly no secret that DiAnoia's is one of my favorite places in all of Pittsburgh. I went to brunch there the other day and we ordered the Nutella Panzerotti. Oh my gosh. You need to RUN to get one. It was absolutely incredible. Such a treat.

Quoting: 'Some people give time, some money, some their skills and connections, some literally give their life's blood. But everyone has something to give.' - Barbara Bush // See more of my favorites, here. 

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure