Thursday, May 24, 2018

Lately 5/24/2018

This has been such a great week. This past Saturday, I ended up with food poisoning, so that ruined my Saturday. My apartment was a mess and I had planned to give it some TLC Saturday, but I ended up only really being able to lounge around.

Sunday, however, I felt SO much better and I got so much done in terms of chores/errands. I started the week off with an incredibly clean and organized apartment and it really started my week on the right foot.

I feel like overall, I was extremely productive and energized. I think it has been the nice weather and promise of a holiday weekend that has me really motivated. I've been able to get a little bit ahead of work which is somewhat of a rarity so I'll be able to totally relax during the long weekend!

Speaking of holiday weekends, is anyone doing anything fun? I am excited for the club to finally be open and spend time there with family and friends! Here's to hoping the weather will be nice!

Drinking: This watermelon cocktail recipe is perfect for the holiday weekend! 

Sale-ing: Vineyard Vines is offering up to 50% off (no code needed) through 5/29! There are so many good pieces included in the sale. It would be the perfect time to score a Father's Day gift on sale! Speaking of VV, they are bringing back the classic patchwork and I couldn't be more excited. I still have pieces with the patchwork from years ago and just love it!
Dress (on major Sale)
Sale-ing II: One of my favorite brands is SEA. It's pricey, so I rarely shop it but they have some incredible pieces. Right now sooo many pieces are on major sale because of Nordstrom's Half-Yearly sale! Love this midi dress and this navy ruffle sweater. The brand runs true to size but if you are between sizes, size up!

Sale-ing III: This is a PSA to let you all know that I'll have a complete roundup of MDW sales that goes live tomorrow evening... there are SO many and they're all actually very good (almost feels like Black Friday deals, ha!!). 

Watching:
 I started watching Suits! I am only about 4 episodes in and I really like it. It's easy to follow and sometimes serious and sometimes comical. It's just overall a great watch! 

Listening: I've been loving my May playlist! I love Allman Brown and I just found his 'Sweetest Thing' song and I am OBSESSED. I've been playing it over and over again. The lyrics are so adorable. I think this would be a really great 'out of the ordinary' first dance wedding song. My other favorite song is 'Sons and Daughters'. It's a bit of a downer but I think it's just incredible and filled with so much emotion. 

Loving: So I am guessing most of you watched the Royal Wedding, right? I personally loved both of Meghan's wedding day looks in their entirety. I especially love that she chose to be simple, elegant, and minimal (even with her makeup). I was (slightly) shocked to see the online world be so harsh about everything, though. Not only about the wedding but the drama leading up to the wedding. I realize both Prince Harry and Meghan are celebrities known around the world and everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but it's sometimes important to realize that these are all real people with real lives and feelings. I think there is definitely a line between sharing your opinion, offering constructive criticism and being downright petty and mean. I can't imagine being in her position and being so insanely scrutinized. The wedding was about forming a union based on love and I think that is what is always important to remember.

Loving II: This is basically the best sweatshirt ever. I got it last year (with a monogram) in white and I love that it is lightweight and a bit oversized (I have a size small). The length is longer and has a kangaroo pocket. It's hands-down one of my favorite and most-worn things in my closet!

Wanting: I know graduation season is upon us and all of the post-grads are looking for affordable office appropriate pieces. Well, these black pumps are so perfect. They are leather, well under $100 and have a block heel for a more comfortable fit. Even if you're not a post-grad this is such a good deal! Scroll through to see more items on my wish-list! 


Pittsburgh-ing: Friday night, I went to a new Pittsburgh restaurant, Bird on the Run. It's a casual, order-at-the-counter type spot. It was adorably decorated and only has a few items on the menu. The big draw for me was that it had really cool drink offerings. I ended up getting a frozen moscow mule because I've never heard of such a thing! It was fantastic. The chicken sandwich was good, but not as good as it looks. It had an extremely strong flavor of Old Bay and it was just too much for me. I mentioned I got food poisoning and I'm pretty sure this was the meal that did it... so be warned! 

Quoting:'Remember when you wanted what you currently have?' (I feel like this is SO powerful and important to remember).  // See more of my favorites, here. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your weigh-in on the royal wedding is why I love you & have beem following you for over 4 years!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure