Friday, July 20, 2018

Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2018 Try-On


Below you will find the try-on photos from the big order I placed for the Nordstrom sale! Today is public access so I wanted to re-share this post for those of you who will be shopping public access today! You can also find my first impression post, here

I am adding this collage to the top to let you know what I will end up keeping from my order! It's always so hard to decide, but for me personally, assessing what I loved the most and what I needed the most was the easiest way to make my decisions (although let's be real, I needed nothing).  I recently majorly purged my closet so I felt like I could do with a few replacements of well-worn items. I noticed I got rid of a lot of white silk shirts because they were either stained or just looked too worn-in. Hence why I decided it was fine to get a new silk shirt

I really do like shopping in stores because you can see the items, touch, them etc. but for this sale, I find it easiest to place a big order and try on at home. This is because you can style these pieces with shoes and clothes that you already have. This will help you to decide if these items are things you need or things that will work well with what you already have. 

The worst is when you buy something in a store and then get it home and it sits in your closet for a long time because you don't actually have anything in your closet that pairs well with the item or you realize it is really not your style! 

I also think you should shop this type of sale without the influence of a sales associate or friends because you really want to make your own decisions. Otherwise, you'll end up buying way more/spending more than you wanted to. This sale tends to make you feel like you need to buy and spend, but let's be honest- that money is always better in your pocket so be scrupulous with your choices!

For example, I loved this cashmere cardigan and the quality and color were perfect, but I have too many similar items in my closet already so it got sent back! 

What I ended up choosing was all neutral, no prints, and many of them were pricier pieces that are well-made. These are pieces that will get a lot of wear in a lot of different ways through the fall and winter. They are also timeless and are sure to last for years to come. 

The candles are for my gift drawer because they make a luxe, chic gift and if you price them out individually, they only come out to about $11/candle! I also got this Charlotte Tilbury Palette because it is one of my favorite makeup brands and I loved the colors. I was in need of a new blush and I thought this would be a fun purchase!


Another thing I wanted to share within this post is my try-on video. I think video translates so much better than photos with this type of thing so you can watch my try-on stories on my instastory highlights, but I also uploaded it to YouTube for those of you who may not be on Instagram. The quality is not great- I took it on my iPhone but my commentary is kind of the most important! I tried to translate it below for all of you! 

Today I'm sharing my Nordstrom Try-on session with you! My photos look a bit different than usual because I did them at the lake! For each image, I'll be sharing the fit/sizing of each piece as well as the level of quality! 
Fit: The sweater and denim both run true to size. I am wearing a small in the sweater and a 27 in the denim.


Quality: Both pieces are impeccable quality. The cashmere sweater is my favorite thing from the entire Nordstrom sale! 
Camel Cashmere Sweater// Camel Skirt (other colors available)
Fit: The skirt is something I ordered specifically to go with the camel sweater and the camels could not be more perfect together! It is gorgeous and would work casually as well as for work. The price is unbeatable. You can wear this with booties/boots in the fall, too, when it starts to get chillier.
Quality: The price for the quality is really nice. I was very pleasantly surprised. 


Fit: The silk blouse is true to size, I'm wearing a size small. It has slight drop shoulders and a textured crewneck and sleeve hems (3/4 sleeves). The denim has absolutely no stretch to it. I ordered my typical 27, which was fine, but for comfort reasons, I plan on exchanging and going a size up!

Quality: The price for the jeans is incredible. They are such high quality and have a great fit. The blouse is pricey, which is why I have shown it styled for work and for casual weekends. It's a classic, high-quality basic. 

Fit: This skirt runs true to size. I am wearing a size 2. It is high-waisted. I am 5'6" and it hits just above my knees. The fit is very modest and would be great for a conservative workplace. 

Quality: The skirt is really nice for the price. The quality is not the best in the world, but for a classic basic, this is a nice price. 

Fit: This runs true to size, it has slight drop shoulders. It's roomy and cozy and the stretch and fit leaves room for a bit of layering. 

Quality: This cardigan is made of incredibly soft cashmere. The color is a beautiful neutral and the fabric is thick. The shawl around the neck is doubled up for durability. This is something you'll get a ton of wear out of and have for years to come. 
Navy Cashmere Sweater (available in many colors)// Brown Leather Booties

Fit: The sweater runs true to size and has a classic crewneck, no drop shoulders. It has a tunic length and has cute ties at the hips with a split hem. The booties run true to size. 

Quality: I was so shocked and impressed with the quality of this cashmere. I can't get over the fact that it is under $90. I am very picky when it comes to cashmere and this is truly a quality piece. I would stick with the neutral colors as the actual colors are a little bit 'off' to me. The navy is a gorgeous, deep blue. This is such a good find- one of the best 'deals' of the sale in my opinion. The booties are also impeccable. High-quality and comfortable, plus very classic but also stylish. 

Fit:I have had one of these cardigans for years. They usually come out with this every year. It's a classic cargidan that you can also wear as a robe with your pajamas. Either way it's roomy and cozy. It runs true to size and I am wearing a size small. 

Quality: The quality for the price is wonderful. It is made of alpaca and wool which means it is high quality. The nylon in it will ensure that the fabric keeps its shape and doesn't wear as quickly as pure wool or cashmere sweaters. This is a gerat deal, even at full-price. 

Fit: This dress runs true to size, I am wearing a size small. I love that from the top half of the dress it looks like you're just wearing a classic crewneck sweater, but then the bottom half has a cute, flirty skirt. The skirt is plenty long and it just feels SO comfortable. 

Quality: Beautiful, quality cashmere. It's thin, but it doesn't feel cheap. It just feels like something you won't 'overheat' in. I think it will look so cute with a vest come colder weather! 

Fit: This runs true to size, however, if you have a larger chest or wider hips, I'd suggest sizing up. This is a true, classic sheath cut so it's meant to fit tailored and fitted. If you are between sizes, I suggest sizing up and taking it to a tailor to have it fitted perfectly to your body. It's a conservative knee length which, in my opinion, makes it look very elegant and sophisticated. 


Quality: Great quality, good fabric, a gorgeous, deep navy color that almost skews black. 

Fit: This runs true to size. I am wearing a size 2. It is a very 'sheath' style on top so if you are larger in the bust, size up. If you are wider in the hips, don't worry because it widens at the bottom! This is a true midi length. 

Quality: The fabric is textured giving it some depth and making it look much pricier than it is. The seams and cut of the dress are gorgeous. The hem is finished and the fringe is added so the craftsmanship is really high quality. You cannot go wrong with this dress! 

Fit: This brand runs small, I sized up one size. It's very comfortable, roomy, soft. 


Quality: The fabric is beautiful and the grosgrain button placket on the back is a nice touch. I want to love this SO much, but I'm not sure if it is my style or not- what do you all think?!

Shop the Post:

156 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sydney! The links are broken for both the cream denim and the navy sheath. Could you fix them? Interested in both!

Summer Wind said...

They're fixed! sorry about that!

Unknown said...

Such a sweet look! Too darling as always!

Briana
https://beyoutifulbrunette.com

Anonymous said...

This iss thhe right blog for anybody who really wants to find out about
this topic. You realize so much its almoswt tough to argue with you (not that I really
will need to…HaHa). You definitely put a freesh spin on a subject that haas
been written about for many years. Wonderful stuff,
just great!

Sarah Clegg said...

All of the looks are so classic. I agree that the striped midi dress is not my favorite. Love your picks!

Mary said...

Mdgettas@gmail.com

Yay!!!

Maggie Mazzotta said...

Mazzottamb@gmail.com

Emily said...

emilyd2013@gmail.com - loving the cashmere sweater!

better together said...

Love this post! sophiahays312@gmail.com

Devon said...

This was such a helpful post! Love all of your recommendations! 😊❤️
Email: dfostt13@aol.com

Taylor said...

Love what you chose!

Taylor
Taylorannanthony96@gmail.com

Unknown said...

Love your picks :) hannah.e.schmitz@gmail.com

Lael said...

Thanks for sharing! I love all the pieces you kept. :)
Lael.mcgann@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

bclaska@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Kara
Kararedmer@gmail.com

Haley said...

I love the cashmere cardigan! Such a classic piece. My email is haleyajanes@gmail.com :)

Lindsay said...

I love the pieces you kept! So classic. I have a midi dress really similar to that one from madewell- I think they are SO cute but I can’t tell if I can pull it off, so I feel you! It looks great on you, though :)

Anonymous said...

I loved all your picks! Your guide to the sale was so helpful, I wasn’t able to go to the store so your guide helped me pick and choose items without getting overwhelmed! My email is maggiemann2009@gmail.com and I love your blog so much! I literally love every outfit you wear and your class style is amzing. I am also a cello Pittsburgh girl and love seeing where you go in the city!

Kaylee Holland said...

I've never intentionally bought cashmere before, but your reviews and the cute pieces you always find, led me to order some from the sale! kholland94@hotmail.com

Lindsey May Kinard said...

GatorLynn14@icloud.com ☺️ LOVE your content!

Unknown said...

So classic and classy. Love them!
Brynn.coates@gmail.com

Lindsey May Kinard said...

Gatorlynn14@icloud.com ☺️ LOVE your content!

Holly Stiltner said...

Love that you focus on the classic pieces from the sale instead of the trendy items we see over and over from other bloggers. Best blog, content and blogger as always!!

hbbstiltner@gmail.com

Ali said...

I love all of your NSale picks!

Ck said...

Ckkotula@gmail.com

Amelia L. said...

Those brown leather booties!! 😍 thanks for all you do for your readers!

amelia.lowe91@gmail.com

Ashley said...

Such a great sale. Love your recs!!! Ashleyberle24@gmail.com

Smuffin23 said...

Sarah.mullen23@gmail.com

rPc said...

You picked great pieces! Such classics you can wear for years to come!

rebecca.price17@gmail.com

Ellen Ives said...

Absolutely love the sweaters linked!
Ellenmives@gmail.com

Cara said...

Love it all! Thank you for taking the time to post! Just love your style!! Chustmb@gmail.com

Unknown said...

hall.meghan14@gmail.com ... thanks so much for sharing, such classic pieces!!

Rachel said...

I ordered the Cole Haan Booties yesterday! I cannot wait! I am thinking about ordering some cashmere sweaters too. You always have the best posts. rachel.thelen1@gmail.com

Darcy Clark said...

Loving that cashmere drop waist dress! Hello@sparkleinhersuitcase.com

Unknown said...

Love your picks!! All so classic and timeless!
esteykathryn@gmail.com

Unknown said...

I can always count on you for great outfit inspiration... especially love the jeans with the cashmere cardigan. Might have to make a purchase �� also looking forward to this give away!! Thanks!! ... KrasonNI1@gcc.edu

Barbara said...

Love your blog!!! bspegar@gmail.com

Megan S said...

Love your NSale picks!
Meganmsvec@gmail.com

Unknown said...

Thanks for commenting about the fabrics & actual quality of the pieces you tried on, and not just the look! Fabric & actual quality of the piece is most important for me if I’m going to invest in a piece. amwenger01@gmail.con

Unknown said...

I need that pink dress with all the Meghan Markle vibes in my life! My email is walsh.sarahmichelle@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Emilyvallor@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

abigailfirmin@gmail.com

Ashley said...

Ashley.siptak@gmail.com

Sarah said...

The camel button up skirt is my favorite! I loved the Southern Charm Reunion when Cam broke down about how much Kathryn has been through!
sdavis12@me.com

kelly megan baker said...

Kmdima09@gmail.com
Love love love

Caitlin said...

Classic! ❤️
Caitlindornish@gmail.com

victoria said...

love the cream silk top!!
bydvictoria@aol com

Allie said...

I absolutely adore all it!

Allison.etzel@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

This is so nice of you to do! Loved all your classic pieces. I totaly agree with ordering in bulk and then trying on at home! What would we do withot Nordstrom?! Krheinlander@uso.org ��

Unknown said...

You are so sweet to do this! Love all your classic pieces. I totally agree with ordering in bulk and trying everything on at home! What would we do without Nordstrom?! I live in a small town in Texas so Nordstrom online has been a LIFE SAVER!! Rheinlanderkristen@gmail.com

Jess said...

jessjrcollins@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Maryelizabeth.randolph@gmail.com

Unknown said...

Another great post!! parrisc28@gmail.com

Sidney Mortenson said...

NORDSTROM IS MY FAVORITE ❤️❤️ So is your blog!
sidneymortenson@hotmail.com

April said...

I think you’re the first person that didn’t say to buy everything so thank you!!
Aprilepod@gmail.com

Kerstyn said...

I somehow just glazed right over that Halogen cashmere bow sweater. Guess I’ll be going back to add that right into my cart!
Lovely picks as always! So classic and well rounded!
Kerstynlamanna@gmail.com

Siobhan Magin said...

Magin.Siobhan@gmail.com :)

Siobhan Magin said...

Magin.Siobhan@gmail.com

Kelly said...

I love that cashmere sweater! Ktcourington@gmail.com

Jamie said...

You’re the cutest and I love e following along with your blog and insta!! Atkinson.e.j@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Looking good henny! laura_roesser@yahoo.com

Kate said...

Love this blog! Katherine.h.reardon@gmail.com

Whitney said...

Whittie05@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Rogers_catherine19@yahoo.com

Whitney said...

Whittie05@gmail.com

Nancy said...

Love your NSale haul! Hoping for the camel skirt to come back in stock in my size!

naguero3@gmail.com

Amanda said...

Amandarpegg@gmail.com

akane30 said...

Eek getting ready to start a new job and it would be great to grab a few things from the sale to look my best!
Allison.kane1@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

I love all of your picks from the sale!
abbie.toth@yahoo.com

KB said...

I shop the same way - order or buy in store in bulk and try on at home!

kbyrne215@gmail.com

KB said...

kbyrne215@gmail.com

Alexis said...

Alexis.Larson7@gmail.com

Gabrielle Howard said...

Always enjoy reading your blog and following your Instagram! Such great content always!
Gabby.howard20@aol.com

Alyssa said...

alyssa.haber@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

isachri@bu.edu

Unknown said...

Love the skirts. lopezm1@msn.com

Kaylee Doherty said...

Love following you and getting advice on dressing a body type like mine! Your picks are so classy!
kayleemdoherty10@gmail.com

Unknown said...

Love the cashmere drop waist dress!
Lydiahaley28@gmail.com

Unknown said...

Loved all your pics from the Nordstrom sale ... ninachavez4@gmail.com

Unknown said...

Loved all your Nordstrom Sale picks! .... ninachavez4@gmail.com

Meghan said...

Yay!

Mrokandow@gmail.com

Meghan said...

Yay!

Mrokandow@gmail.com

Unknown said...

Obsessing over the camel combo ���� (Alex.wiegand1@gmail.com)

Abby said...

Ajr135@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

zgcook@comcast.net

CaitC said...

Great blog. I love these looks.

Caitlin
cac3ca@gmail.com

Sara Sutton said...

LOVED the pieces you tried on and the ones you ended up keeping. I picked up a cashmere cardigan similar to the one you tried on because of your suggestion! Thanks! Hoping to shop more sarac.ycoeky@gmail.com

Ashlee Korlach said...

ashleekorlach@gmail.com

Unknown said...

LOVED your try on pieces and the ones you ended up keeping. The few I liked most were the stripped maxi and the cashmere cardigan. I ended up getting a similar cashmere cardigan because of your suggestion. Thank you! sarac.yockey@Gmail.com

Unknown said...

LOVED your pieces that your tired on and those that you kept. My favorites were the stripped maxi dress and the cashmere cardigan. I ended up purchasing a cashmere cardigan because of your suggestion. Thanks, and love your posts! sarac.yockey@gmail.com

Elizabeth said...

Ahhh! Love!!
elizhood@gmail.com

Elizabeth said...

Ahhhh! Love!!! elizhood@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

I always love your style!! Especially these looks 💛
eedavis@quinnipiac.edu

Dayna said...

In love with the cashmere sweater😍

Email: dayna.pickard@yahoo.com

Dayna said...

In love with this cashmere sweater��

Email: dayna.pickard@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

Sydney,

I LOVE how classic your style is! The pieces you pick are great investment pieces but I know they are worth every penny!

Thanks for doing such a great giveaway!

-Katie

Hurleyks@miamioh.edu

PS - I’m the maid of honor in a wedding that is in pittsburgh this fall! Can’t wait to explore your city!

Olivia Warner said...

The striped dress is amazing! So glad you decided to keep it!

Owarner@uncc.edu

Alexis said...

Your blog is wonderful and I love your style!!
Alexis.hope.torres7@gmail.com

Alexis said...

Your blog is wonderful and I love your style!!

Alexis.hope.torres7@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

brittanynicole1101@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

summerpatterson00@gmail.com I LOVE your style/outfit advice!!

Anonymous said...

I love all the dresses you chose!

Mnrostykus@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

morgan.nelson5@yahoo.com LOVE YOU HOTTIE! 😍❤️😂

Anonymous said...

Love your Nordstrom sale picks! linds.g.simons@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Love your classic style��
Theryanranch@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

Great post! Happy Friday!!

Meredithborton@Gmail.com

Madison D. said...

Love those classic and timeless pieces! mmpitzer@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

thurman_kacy@yahoo.com

As a teacher, I love how you style things that you could wear professionally or out and about. Love your blog 💕

Anonymous said...

Abankart@zerogeorge.com !! :)

Maureen said...

Could not be more obsessed with that dress 😍 maureenjwhite29@gmail.com

Haley said...

I would never have thought to pick out that striped midi dress for myself, but it looks so cute on you that I have to give it a try!! You have such good taste! - Haley / hlikens88@gmail.com

Cailin said...

Nordstrom sale!!!!! Clillis@g.clemson.edu

Maddie Mohn said...

Mamohn20 (at) gmail.com! Love the color palette 🎨

Unknown said...

After seeing the blush pink dress during your try on, I’m getting it for work! ❤️
ahoffmanc@gmail.com

Grace said...

Ahh, I'm still so tempted by the silk Vince shirt. Saw it in person yesterday and might have to go back for it.
gl (dot) rice (at) yahoo (dot) com

AC said...

So fun! Love the Nordstrom sale! Alcald6@gmail.com

Jessa Thomas said...

I do adore that cashmere dress! So gorgeous and it looks SO comfortable!! Jfieberts@hotmail.com.

ACL said...

So many cute things! Aclunney@gmail.com

Kristen said...

Love your picks! Kristen.tedone@gmail.com

KPS said...

kpschoeneman@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Love your blog
Mwidder1@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

lewisfamily6@roadrunner.com

you are fun to follow and i love your taste

Unknown said...

Looks great!!! alyssa.brown1313@gmail.com

Unknown said...

alyssa.brown1313@gmail.com

Unknown said...

alyssa.brown1313@gmail.com

Unknown said...

love the blush dress!

lindseyrlynch@gmail.com

Unknown said...

You had THE BEST picks for the Nordstrom Sale! I bought the Tory Burch flats and have worn them to work so much already! Love your blog and all your Instagram stories!

Heidi -- hgrichards22@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Love! Everything is beautiful! - Sarah
Sarah.tincher2@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Longtime follower, love it all!
Sarah.tincher2@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Love the pink dress. Very pretty.

Tsimm@roadrunner.com

Molly said...

Love the striped dress! My email is molly.gaddie@gmail.com.

Unknown said...

Totally ordering the camel skirt and the camel sweater!! I love them!

Cheers!
Cass
classybycass@gmail.com

Emily said...

erabb1003@gmail.com
I love your picks from the sale!

Catherine Joy said...

catherinesjoyblog@gmail.com :)

Stephanie Strickland said...

Stephanie.strickland14@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Love your pics! Swapna051@comcast.net

Anonymous said...

Piece of writing writing is also a excitement, if you
be familiar with then you can write if not it is difficult
to write.

Anonymous said...

love your blog!

Madeleine.thornburg@gmail.com

Amy Beatty said...

Love all the sweaters! Abeatty5194@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

What's up, all is going sound here and ofcourse every one is sharing data, that's genuinely good, keep up
writing.

Kelsey said...

Live your style! Kperry3099@gmail.com

Unknown said...

Obsessed with your cashmere selections! Such classic style!
Karliescain@gmail.com

Unknown said...

Classic style. I love the cashmere!!

kayla d said...

All so cute!!! kayladh34@yahoo.com

Beechlilly said...

Thanks for reviews. I’ve ordered quite a few things. Can’t wait for the tunic cashmeee. Sweater.
Beechlilly

Maybe I can order more with the giveaway. Haha

Beechlilly said...

Love the blog

Beechlilly said...

Not sure this is working for me. But love the blog

Anonymous said...

I was on the fence about the striped midi-dress but, after looking at it on you I think it is a win
Hgoforth861@gmail.com

Unknown said...

I love your style, I've been redoing my wardrobe and have picked up several pieces you've shown.
Mbrichardson0406@gmail.com

Unknown said...

I love your style, I am currently redoing my wardrobe and have picked up several pieces you've shown.
Mbrichardson0406@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

I was curious if you ever thought of changing the layout of your site?
Its very well written; I love what youve got to say.
But maybe you could a little more in the
way of content so people could connect with it better.
Youve got an awful lot of text for only having 1 or two pictures.

Maybe you could space it out better?

Anonymous said...

Thankfulness to my father who stated to me on the topic of this webpage, this weblog is truly awesome.

Anonymous said...

Great article! This is the type of info that should be shared across the
web. Disgrace on the search engines for not positioning this submit higher!

Come on over and discuss with my site . Thank you =)

Anonymous said...

Hello there, simply turned into alert to your weblog thru Google, and located that it is truly informative.
I am gonna be careful for brussels. I'll be grateful in the event you continue this in future.
Many folks will likely be benefited from your writing.

Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Greetings from California! I'm bored to tears at work so I decided to browse
your blog on my iphone during lunch break. I love the knowledge you
provide here and can't wait to take a look when I get home.
I'm amazed at how quick your blog loaded on my cell phone ..

I'm not even using WIFI, juwt 3G .. Anyhow, superb site!

Anonymous said...

This piece of writing is really a fastidious one
it assists new the web users, who are wishing in favor of blogging.

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure