Thursday, September 13, 2018

Lately 9//14/2018





Chanel Flats (similar)
Lip Pencil (pillow talk)// Lip balm (berry)

Wearing: I'm wearing the $15 white button down shirt I always rave about. It runs true to size but fits a little oversized, which I like. Size down if you want it to be more fitted to wear under sweaters! It's so soft, quickly steams because it doesn't wrinkle too much, and always looks so effortless!

Eating: Pumpkin spice cookies... more like I wish I was eating these! Also creamed Brussel sprouts. These two recipes are like my fall food dreams come to life! 

Reading: Does anyone have any seasonally appropriate books? I know that is kind of an odd request but I love reading books set in seasons that I am currently living in...so recs for books set in the fall season!

Celebrating: Tomorrow is my parent's 34th wedding anniversary! I wrote a post about them last year! Cheers to many more, mom and dad!

Watching:
 I finally watched the Mr. Rogers Documentary, 'Won't You Be My Neighbor' and it was so good. Mr. Rogers is a man I have long looked up to for his beliefs and values and the way he cares for everyone and this documentary really paid tribute to his work and life. 

Listening: Mac Miller's tiny desk concert. His death really saddened me and struck a cord. He has been a Pittsburgh icon and so many of my friends knew him well so it really hits close to home. I grew up listening to his music and it's almost like it's a signaling that it's the end of that free and fun period of life.  

Loving: This might be the most boring bra of the century but oh my goodness is it the most comfortable thing I have EVER worn. I found the nude color while in Target (only $15!!) and then I went online to order the rest of the colors. I now have 4. I mostly wear it like I would a sports bra but you can also wear it under things like sweaters and blouses and it is really nice because it's seamless so it doesn't show through anything. I really only like lightly lined bras with minimal padding so if you are the same way, I highly recommend this bra

Wanting: I am such a sucker for fall clothing/accessories. It's all so good. Between the colors, prints, fabrics, it's all so inviting. I am loving tweeds, plaids, and velvet right now! 

Smelling: This White Pumpkin hand soap smells SO good. It honestly doesn't smell at all like typical pumpkin scented products. It's lighter and fresher but still has a nice fall vibe to it. I got it at my local Homegoods but it looks like you can order it online, here! Only $6!

Traveling: Headed to Charleston next week for a wedding and I am excited but I am praying and hoping that Florence weakens for all who live in the area.

Quoting: 'If they respect you, respect them. If they disrespect you, still respect them. Do not allow the actions of others to decrease your good manners, because you represent yourself, not others.' // See more of my favorites, here. 

2 comments:

Laura Baker Busic said...

I've gotta hunt down that hand soap at my local TJ, the packaging is so simple and cute!

Nancy said...

yes on that bra!! I was in Target yesterday and picked it up because I was curious. I went back today and picked up the rest of the colors. It's a gem! So happy to see I'm not the only one who fell in love.

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure