Monday, October 29, 2018

The Best Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe


The Best Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe

My sister was home a few weekends ago and baked pumpkin chocolate chip 'cookies'. I put cookies in quotes because the texture was more like a muffin top than an actual cookie. I've eaten a lot of pumpkin baked goods in my life. I love pumpkin flavor and just overall love fall spices. 

One of my favorite (and insanely easy) pumpkin baked good recipes is 2-ingredient pumpkin muffins. My recipe is three ingredients because I always add chocolate chips! However those are very 'heavy' (because of the pumpkin). And while I love the creamy, dense texture, it's not fluffy like an actual muffin. 

When my sister gave me some of these 'cookie's to try, I immediately asked for the recipe because they are SO good. I wanted to share this recipe because it would be a great thing to bring to a Friendsgiving or Thanksgiving or even a work potluck! They're easy to make and are a crowd pleaser. 

The edits my sister made: no walnuts, add more cinnamon than the recipe calls for (just eyeball it), and sub water for milk (to cut down on the dairy).

I cannot express to you how delicious these cookies were. They are moist, light, and such a treat. I'm going to make them for a trip I have coming up this weekend. They're best eaten within a few days- they get stale pretty quickly so I'd recommend eating/serving within 48-72 hours... they're truly amazing warm or room temp. I'm not a baker at all and if I can make these, you can, too!

1 comment:

Casey said...

Pumpkin chocolate chip cookies and muffins are my favorite!!!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure