Thursday, May 23, 2019

Most Important Morning Skincare Step

Most Important Morning Skincare Step

morning skincare routine

why you should wear sunscreen everyday
As we are leading up to Memorial Day weekend and everyone is starting to head out on fun vacations in the sun or ready to head to the pools that are about to open, I see it only fitting to write a blog post about sunscreen. Because let's face it, it's a very important topic and if I can influence even just one of you to start using sunscreen daily, then it's all worth it.

I'm partnering with Olay today to share their Olay Sun Facial Sunscreen + Shine Control. At first, when I was coming up with a concept for this post, I thought about centering it around Memorial Day weekend and style the product with a beach towel, straw tote, etc. 

But, the reality is that we shouldn't only be grabbing sunscreen now that we are headed on vacations and to lay by the pool. We should be wearing sunscreen every. single. day. Did you know that during your normal daily routine, on average we are exposed to the sun's harmful rays 18 hours per week? This stat is year-round, indoors and outdoors!!

Ask any dermatologist and they will tell you it is the best thing you can do for your skin. Wearing sunscreen not only prevents age spots, wrinkles, and fine lines but also prevents skin cancer. I don't know about you, but I definitely want to prevent ALL of that! 
olay sunscreen
I'll be the first to admit that growing up, I was never the best with sunscreen. I always wanted to be tan. Silly me. I know better and now I am a slave to sun protection. You better believe I have sunscreen on every single day. Spring, summer, winter, and fall. So, I decided to shoot the Olay Sun Facial Sunscreen + Shine Control in its natural setting and where I personally use it: in the morning, in my bathroom. 

I do my entire skincare routine and then apply the Olay Sun Facial Sunscreen + Shine Control last. I love this SPF product because it has the consistency of a moisturizer so it is very easy to apply. But, it is also like a primer (dries fast) and makes for a nice base under makeup. It keeps you shine-free, too, so you can easily wear this without makeup, too! I don't typically wear makeup when I'm lounging at the pool/lake/beach/etc. so it's nice to have something that mattifies my face! 
olay sun facial sunscreen
Just like I take care of my skin with all sorts of products, sunscreen is one of those things that helps me to take care of myself and I hope you'll join me in using sunscreen every day to take care of yourself!

1 comment:

simply styling said...

I love Olay products however, I haven't tried the sunscreen ! I'm going to grab it today !

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure