Thursday, October 24, 2019

Lately


This week has flown by, can you believe we only have one week left in October? This week was filled with lots of meetings and off-computer to-dos. Not a lot of housekeeping/back end stuff got done this week which I'll have to make up for next week. But, I was still able to get a ton done. Right now, it's a lot of prepping upcoming holiday content! I hope you are all as excited as I am!

One of the things I worked on a lot this week is prepping the guest room. I have a big post about this coming Monday where I share the before, during, and final product of our guest bedroom and I'm so excited!

This weekend is one of our only 'free' weekends that we have left for the rest of the year (isn't that crazy?!). I wanted it to be totally plan-free, but it's looking like I'm going to have to do quite a bit of work and housework this weekend. Not to mention, we are having some friends over on Saturday and then going to my cousin's birthday party on Sunday evening. All good things!

Wearing: This sweater is something I purchased 5 or 6 years ago and it is one of my favorite sweaters ever. I have another in pretty charcoal. I was so bummed in the past years that this hasn’t been brought back and you know what?! This fall, they FINALLY brought it back! It’s a slightly different style but the fabric is the same. It’s very textured and so cozy and warm.

Reading: Everything coming to Netflix in November!

Reading II: Tiffany has launched an advent calendar for $112,000. There are only 4 available and there are 24 gifts- one behind each door leading up to Christmas. I've been really good this year, but even I don't think I've been this good, ha!

Sale-ing: Talbots Friends and Family sale (30% off) started yesterday and goes through 10/27! I'm absolutely in love with this black and white checked cape. It's so elegant. Also, one of my favorite cashmere sweaters is included in the sale- the neckline is so chic and classic. I wear a size small in the sweater, it runs true to size. 

Watching:
 The trailer for The Crown season 3 is now out and I am SO excited!!! It's going to be interesting with a new cast. I'm excited to see Helena Bonham Carter as Princess Margaret- she is one of my favorite actresses- so talented!!

Loving: This article about Orange Theory is so funny- I can SO relate to #2 and #7, ha! 


Wanting:
 This plaid headband is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! The perfect holiday accessory. 

Pittsburgh-ing:

Traveling: Next up we are headed to DC, but first, we have a full weekend spent in Pittsburgh and I can't wait! 

Quoting: 'Dress like you're going somewhere better later.' // See more of my favorites, here. 

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure