Monday, January 6, 2020

Lilly Pulitzer After Party Sale 2020

The day is here! The Lilly Pulitzer After Pary sale has officially begun as of 8am this morning! The sale will end on Tuesday 1/7 at 11:59pm. If you plan on shopping the sale, scroll down as I'll be discussing the quality and sizing on every single item that I own that is included in the sale! Because I gain access just as all of you do, I will update this with links to the items as well as add more styles that I own as I see them in on the Lilly site!

Check out instastories if you want to see live video of me trying things on! Below you will find a review of the items. I'll be updating this post with all of the other Lilly items that are included in the sale that I already own and can provide quality and sizing insights. Everything is final sale so I totally get that the fit is the most important thing!

If you are wondering about an item, please feel free to direct message (DM) me on Instagram and I'll be happy to answer any product questions you may have to the best of my ability! 

For your reference on sizing, I am typically a size 2 or small in Lilly Pulitzer. I typically wear a size 2 or 4 (or 27) and a size small in most other brands. I'm 5'6".

WHITE DRESSES:


Pearl Romper
APS $62, Reg. $198
Sizing: This runs a little big! If anything size down! 

Quality: I love the heavyweight fabric on this- it feels very quality and it's like a crepe so it's dressier! I wore this a ton this past summer to things like a bridal shower, a wedding welcome party, and more. I love it with wedge sandals!




APS $129, Originally $278.jpg
Sizing: I'm wearing a size 2. It fits true to size. If you have a bigger bust, I'd size up. 

Quality: This is truly a beautiful dress. The fabric is high-quality and detailed. I love the metallic sheen to it and the fact that the neckline is adjustable with a hidden zipper. The lace around the waist and neckline is so pretty and very 'Lilly'.


APS $34, Originally $98
Sizing: I'm wearing a size small. This is such an easy breezy dress. The fabric is very lightweight and has some stretch to it (but not like a spandex stretch so it's not clingy). I would say this runs pretty true to size. If anything, I would have sized down to an XS.

Quality: This is one of those dresses you throw on for the hottest summer days and still look cute. I love the supersaturated blues in this print. Plus the v-neck is cute!

APS $44, Originally $108
Sizing: I'm wearing a size small. This runs true to size, if anything, I would size down. It's meant to be loose!

Quality: I love pink and green so this print is always a good one. The hem is a tulip hem so it's longer in the front and back and scoops up at the sides. This makes it really easy to front tuck. The fabric is lightweight and not 'crisp' so this is more of a flowy top. It's lightweight so it's really good for hot temps! The fabric is not see-through at all.

APS $54, Originally $198
Sizing: I'm wearing a size 2. This is has a little bit of stretch (but not a ton). I'd say it runs true to size but if you are between sizes, I would size up OR if you have a larger chest or wider hips, I would size up as it is quite fitted in those areas. I definitely could have sized up.

Quality: This dress is a showstopper and something you could wear to a cocktail party as the fabric is thick and luxurious. It's textured with palm leaves and the sleeves have a dramatic flare to them. This is beautifully made.


APS $64, Originally $178
Sizing: I'm wearing a size small. This runs very true to size and has a lot of stretch to it so this could fit a multitude of body shapes. If anything, size down.

Quality: This is a spandex/jersey feeling material that has a lot of stretch to it. It's lightweight without feeling 'cheap'. I love this type of dress for throwing something on in the hot summer heat and look dressed up! This is a great one for traveling as it won't wrinkle in your suitcase.



APS $54, Originally $158
Sizing: I'm wearing a size 2. This is pretty fitted with very minimal stretch to it (in that classic Lilly crisp cotton fabric that a lot of shifts are made in). This honestly might be one of my favorite pieces. It has that vintage Lilly vibe that I just love and this style is a little different for me. I love the lightweight shorts underneath but you otherwise can't tell it's a romper. It does, however, have a stretch panel on the back for a more custom fit and to accommodate a larger bust. The straps are also adjustable (and this is super subtle so it doesn't look like a bra strap). I would say get your usual size, however, it is *short*. As you can see on me- I'm 5'6", I wouldn't go any shorter. It has about 3/4" of hem that you could let out, though. If you are worried about length, I'd suggest going up a size and potentially having it tailored so you get a tiny bit of extra length as it wouldn't be so form-fitting. But this is not for you if you are super tall and don't love mini skirt-length hems.

Quality:  This is super high quality. The fabric is so crisp and the seams all flow perfectly. I love that the adjustable straps are so subtle and the stretch in the back really adds a nice fit.


Sizing: This runs really big. I am wearing an xs and probably could have even sized down to XXS. It's a column-style gown so there is really nowhere that it is fitted. It's not really meant to cling to your body! I had it hemmed as it was too long on me! However, the dress is not included in the sale, but the top is- which is basically the dress hemmed to a top length. 

Quality: The fabric is a heavier crepe and the navy is a beautiful, deep blue. I love the intricate pearl collar details. I wore it to a black-tie wedding! The top version would be wonderful because you would be able to dress it up and down! 

APS $69, Reg $159
Sizing: This style is roomy and meant to fit that way. I usually get a size small but could size down for a less flowy fit. 

Quality: This is such a Lilly classic and a gorgeous piece. It's a silky material so it looks equally as great in the office or a dressier event or with white jeans and Jack Rogers! 

APS $119, $268
Sizing: I am wearing a size 2. This runs true to size and has a nice stretchy waist for the perfect fit. If anything, size down. 

Quality: This dress is just gorgeous. It's fully lined and has the prettiest metallic details. This is a dressy dress that you could definitely wear for a cocktail party! 

APS $98, Reg $98

APS $59, Reg $128
Sizing: TTS. I'm wearing a size small. 

Quality: This is a stretchy spandex-jersey type material. Think leggings but 'pants'. I love these for lounge but also can be dressed up. 

APS $64, Red $178
Sizing: I'm wearing a size 2. This runs true to size. 

Quality: Mila shift dresses are such a classic. This is fully lined and the cotton is always a nice heavyweight without being 'hot'. The details on every Mila dress are so well-done and I find this to be one of the best made Lilly items! 

APS $59, Reg $108
Sizing: True to size! I'm wearing small! 

Quality: These are such great leggings. Thick and don't show imperfections at all! I love the stretch that provides compression but not too much that they are uncomfortable. I wouldn't wear them for Orange Theory, but would definitely wear them for something like pilates or yoga. 

APS $59, Reg $118
Sizing: True to size, small. 

Quality: Love this coverup. I wear it every single summer and it's such a good one. The fabric is sheer and lightweight so it's not something you could necessarily wear over a swimsuit if you go into a restaurant but it's the perfect thing for going to and from the beach and the pool. You can also wear it with shorts and tie it up! 

APS $74, Reg $198
Sizing: Runs a little big. Size down!

Quality: I love this simple dress. It's fully lined and a very lightweight silk dress. Perfect for super hot summer days. The colors are VIBRANT.

APS $59, $178
Sizing: Runs true to size, if anything size down. 

Quality: Love love love a pearl romper. I have a printed one as well and find them both to be a great dressy option! The fabric is a thick crepe and the lacework is stunning. Truly a great quality piece. 

Sizing: True to size, I wear small in both top and bottom. 

Quality: This is a thin material with a ton of stretch. The fabric is so soft and comfortable. Not a weight for the coldest winter night but I wear my long sleeve top and pants in the winter regularly! 

Melody Maxi Dress (in white)
Sizing: True to size! It's long, though, so you might need to have it hemmed. I did not... I'm 5'6".

Quality: This is STUNNING. The eyelet is so beautiful. It is fully lined and the straps are adjustable. The bust has a nice bit of padding in it, too. 

Sizing: True to size, if anything size down. 

Quality: This dress is fully lined and has the prettiest gold ombre details. I love it and it makes for the perfect summer dress. The fabric is kind of like a crocheted print- a little different than your typical lace. 

Sizing: Runs true to size, if anything size down. It's meant to be roomy!

Quality: This top is soooo pretty and one of my favorite Lilly tops. It looks so good paired with white jeans. The eyelet is not fully lined, but I just wear a nude bra and it's totally fine. It makes it very breathable so it's easy to wear it on hot summer days. 

Sizing: True to size! This has a good bit of stretch to it. 

Quality: The quality on this skort is incredible. Truly top quality and to well made. The stretch in the fabric makes the fit flattering and the waist has a nice thick waistband. It's a great golf skort and I find myself wearing it to run errands and stuff like that, too, because it's so cute! 


Gift Tip: I love these neoprene wine bags! You get 2 for $9 and it makes such a cute thing to gift as a host/hostess gift with a bottle of wine or bubbly!

More Sale Items I Love:

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure