Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Splurge vs. Save


Splurge vs. Save


Splurge vs. Save

I haven't done a splurge vs. save in quite some time so today is the day! I found 8 items that I love and then tried to find an item that is as similar to it as possible for less! Spending more on something does not always guarantee its quality and even if you are on a budget, I'm of the mindset that you can usually create a similar look for less- whether that is with fashion or decor! 

I had actually been eyeing this flatware for the longest time, but it was pricey! For 8 place settings, it was going to be around $400 (and that was the sale price, too). But, when I found this set for SO much less, I scooped it right up and was SO pleasantly surprised with how nice the set is. For 8 settings, it was $165 and it also comes with a 5-piece serving set, too. They are heavy duty and don't look cheap at all! 

Oftentimes, I find myself gravitating towards the 'save' item more than the 'splurge' anyway! A good example is that the 'splurge' double old fashioned glass I shared is pretty, but I prefer the look of the 'save' glass much more!

2 comments:

Lauren_Thirsty said...

We registered for the same Amazon flatware, and we LOVE them too. Probably one of my top 3 favorite wedding gifts!

Emily said...

Well, I added the splurge silverware to my registry - LOL

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure