Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Travel Guide: Montage Palmetto Bluff

Travel Guide: Montage Palmetto Bluff

Travel Guide: Montage Palmetto Bluff Travel Guide: Montage Palmetto Bluff

Travel Guide: Montage Palmetto Bluff

Travel Guide: Montage Palmetto Bluff Travel Guide: Montage Palmetto Bluff
Back in early March, I went on my 'bachelorette' trip with my sister. It was right before COVID and so in the haze of dealing with rescheduling our wedding and more, I haven't yet shared our trip, so today's the day! Oh, how I wish I was there right now! It was the absolute best trip.

I first flew down to visit my sister who lives in Charlotte, North Carolina and spend a few days at her house. We then drove from Charlotte to Bluffton, South Carolina which is right on the May River in South Carolina's Lowcountry! The drive was only about 3.5 hours so it was quick and easy. It's also only 3.5 miles from the Savannah airport! 

We stayed at Montage Palmetto Bluff and oh my goodness do I miss it more than ever. My sister had stayed at a residence there with her fiancé a few years ago and Callie just knew this was a place I'd love.

The resort is situated on 20,000 acres of Palmetto Bluff with a mix of rooms, suites, cottages, residences, and more. There are 7 restaurants, a spa, golf course, boutique, fitness center, and so much more. We stayed in a Guest House room overlooking the lagoon. We had our own little deck overlooking the water and we enjoyed the most peaceful mornings savoring our coffees and fun evenings sipping some bubbly. The rooms are beautifully done with traditional decor, a serene color palette, and lots of amenities. Plus, the rooms are very spacious and the beds are insanely comfortable and luxurious. 

I know traveling may not be top of mind for anyone, but like all of my travel guides, I provide you with our itinerary in case you are planning future trips. If you are looking for a future honeymoon destination stateside, this is totally it. As soon as I got home, I told my fiancé we absolutely had to make another trip back so he could enjoy it, too!

Thursday
We got there in the late evening on our first night and we were greeted with cookies and a fun bachelorette-themed cocktail kit from Montage Palmetto Bluff and my fiancé sent a bottle of bubbly and a sweet note. We then decided to throw on our pajamas and enjoyed some room service and a movie in bed. 

Friday
Then, the next morning, we strolled over to the Inn (which is the main part of the hotel) and grabbed some complimentary coffee and just strolled around in the early morning enjoying the gorgeous weather and beautiful surroundings. We would pass staff members here and there and they were always so warm and friendly... they are truly an asset to Montage Palmetto Bluff. The Inn itself is one of the most beautifully decorated places I have ever seen. The furniture was traditional and classic with touches of blue and white everywhere- aka my heaven! Every inch of the grounds are perfectly maintained and taken care of- truly everywhere you look there is something beautiful to see! Montage Palmetto Bluff is laid back southern elegance at its finest.


We enjoyed lunch at Octagon which is located in the Inn, just steps away from our guesthouse room. We had the Octa-quila cocktail and we agreed our salads with shrimp and crab were the best salads we have ever eaten.

Post-lunch we headed over to the spa which was right next door. I was so tickled to see that they had blue seersucker robes!! They were SO cute. We enjoyed the Heart of the Bluff massage and I kid you not, it was one of the most luxurious and relaxing experiences I have experienced. When I was talking to my sister about the 'bachelorette' weekend that I wanted, I knew I wanted complete relaxation and this was really the icing on the cake. Afterward, we headed to the hot tub to relax and hang out and enjoy the afternoon. 

Post-relaxation, we borrowed bikes so we would be able to bike around the property. The bikes are complimentary to guests and one of my most favorite parts of the resort! People take bikes everywhere and it just lends to that 'laidback', neighborly vibe.






In the evening, we headed back to our room to get ready for dinner and sip some bubbly. My sister got some cute 'themed' goodies and I got a kick out of the 'bride' swirly straw! We biked over to Buffalo's which is an adorable restaurant on the property. We split a make-your-own pizza and a pasta dish. Both were absolutely fabulous. 

We capped off the night with a stop at the s'mores cart. They have everything you need to make your own s'mores by the fire and it is complimentary for guests. Everyone was gathered around the fire and it felt like the perfect evening. Kids were having a blast with the s'mores... and so were we! 


Saturday
We kicked off Saturday with a brunch cruise on an antique yacht, the Grace. Montage Palmetto Bluff is situated on the May River which eventually feeds into the Atlantic ocean. We could not have asked for more perfect weather. We enjoyed mimosas and pastries and other delicious treats as we sailed along the river and got a bit of history and fun facts about the area and the yacht from our wonderful captain and crew. The Grace is one of the last remaining pre-World War I gas-powered yachts and was built in 1913. It was incredibly beautiful with wood paneling down below, leather banquettes, and brass fixtures. There was one other family on the boat with us and they were the kindest people. We got to chatting with them- they were from Texas and it was so fun! 


Post-cruise we headed over to the boutiques to do a little shopping. Each shop was so unique and special. Some featured local artisans, there was a French-themed shop and more. We then rode our bikes over to RT's Market. RT's is idyllic. It's charming and chockfull of all of the provisions you could need. They had everything from a deli, to wine, to sweets, and more. We sat outside on the patio to enjoy some more coffee to fuel us for our ride to lunch! The lunch recommendation came from one of the sweet gals we met while in RT's Market! 

We rode our bikes on the most stunning path over to Canteen which is located in Moreland Village. The tree-lined path made me feel like I was in a scene from The Notebook. It's a grab and go type shop that has delicious sandwiches and refreshments. I had a Ham and Pimento grilled cheese and I am drooling just looking at the photo. One of the things I love about Montage Palmetto Bluff is that there is ample outdoor seating everywhere to enjoy the beautiful weather and there are so many adorable pups! We met a few cuties while at Canteen! Montage Palmetto Bluff is pet-friendly! 

After lunch, we threw on our swimsuits. Being a Pittsburgh gal, I came from snow in early March and couldn't get over the fact that I was in a swimsuit! The pool area is beautiful and overlooks the Lagoon. There are actually 3 pools on the property. We moseyed on over to Octagon's bar where we were able to grab another Octa-quila cocktail to-go! We headed back to the room to hang out and get ready for our dinner and bowling! 
For dinner, we headed back over to Moreland. This time, instead of biking, the Inn offers a shuttle that takes guests around the property. This was nice since we were a little more dressed up! Cole's specialty was classic southern recipes. Their biscuits were out of this world. We started off with fried okra which is one of my most favorite foods and for our main course, we shared the half bucket of fried chicken with a side of mac n cheese and brussel sprouts. I would go back to Montage Palmetto Bluff just for this fried chicken. It was the absolute best I have ever had. We polished off the entire bucket! 

We closed out our last night at Boundary Bowling and I can easily say that this was the most beautiful bowling alley I have ever seen. I enjoyed the design details of things like the pillars crusted with oyster shells! Callie and I are none too good at bowling but we had a blast. 


The next morning we were up early and headed back to Charlotte. I so enjoyed recapping this trip. We truly had the best time. It's one of those places that allows you to 'check out' and truly relax in bliss. It was so nice to be with my sister and spend time with her on a girl's trip and be able to enjoy a weekend of pure relaxation, fun, and delicious food. Montage Palmetto Bluff and Callie made it so special for me and while we had to, unfortunately, postpone our wedding, I am so grateful that I was able to experience this!

I cannot wait to make a trip back... my fiancé is already excited about the fried chicken and golfing on a Jack Nicklaus signature course! It's a property that is truly a good fit for anyone- family vacation, romantic couple's weekend, girlfriends getaway, guy's golf weekend, and more, there is something for everyone.

For anyone who is planning for future travel, Montage Palmetto Bluff is currently offering a Spirit of Now package, which offers waived cancellation fees up to 48 hours prior to arrival, a complimentary upgrade at time of check-in and a $100 resort credit ($200 for suites, $300 for residences) per night. 

2 comments:

Annaliese said...

What a fun weekend for you and your sister! I've never been to this part of SC but it looks dreamy!

xoxo A
www.southernbelleintraining.com

Sally said...

This looks like such a lovely trip!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure