Friday, July 17, 2020

Watermelon Martini Recipe


Watermelon Martini Recipe
I love Bonefish Grill's watermelon martini. We don't go there very often, but in the summer we go just so I can get the watermelon martini! It's a vodka-based martini. Typically, I prefer gin but something about this is so light and fresh and just very summery! So, I looked up the recipe and luckily Bonefish shared this YouTube video on how to create the drink! 

Watermelon Martini Recipe

Here is the Bonefish recipe that I wrote out for you all. I made two last weekend (wild, I know!!) so I feel like now I have a handle on how I personally prefer this cocktail! I try to limit sugar in my drinks so I completely omitted the simple syrup and because of that, I muddled about 4 or 5 cubes (total) of watermelon to make up for the lost liquid. I also didn't have any cucumber vodka on hand which ended up being a good thing because I muddled a bunch of cucumber slices instead and it ended up tasting SO fresh. 

Watermelon Martini Recipe

The photo at the top of the post is Bonefish's and the photo above is my creation. I actually liked mine much more. It tasted fresher and a touch less sweet. This was SO easy to make. I think next time I make one I will try it with gin and see how it turns out! I also think you could do this with tequila, too, and pour over ice (maybe add in a splash of soda water) and sub lemon juice for lime juice for more of a margarita-style cocktail. Happy weekend, friends! 

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure