Thursday, October 22, 2020

Lately


I hope you all have been enjoying your week! Mine was probably the busiest I have had since March- workwise. It is only going to get crazier from now through December and I welcome it. For me personally, having a fuller schedule and/or to-do list helps me to stay on track (as weird and backward as that sounds). 

We got our Christmas card photo done this weekend and it didn't exactly turn out how I envisioned, but the end product is great, so it's all good!

This weekend is a little bittersweet for me as I had penned '6 month wedding anniversary' on the calendar (at the beginning of the year) and it's still marked on there for this Sunday. I have practically used an entire bottle of whiteout on my 2020 calendar, so I decided to just let that one sit there and not erase it but rather embrace it.

We got 'booed' last night which is something I had never heard of before but wanted to share it with all of you because it was SO cute. Basically, we found a bag of goodies on our doorstep with a paper that said to pass it on to two other houses. So last night I created two goodie bags to secretly place on two neighbor's doorsteps and then they go and do the same. I can't wait to place them out tonight!!! Once you receive a 'boo', you put the sign in your window to let others know you have already been booed. Love the neighborly spirit of this gesture. I wrote a whole post on being a good neighbor and I truly think it's more important than ever! I googled 'you've been booed' and also saw this concept used for other holidays- like for St. Patrick's Day 'you've been pinched' and Christmas you've been 'jingled'!! So cute!! 

Wearing: I wore some wardrobe classics but they are OLD- like several years and I checked and they are still available! I love these Faux Suede Leggings as they feel like you are wearing athleisure but look much cuter. And I love Booties because they are weatherproof which is hard to find in a suede shoe! 
Eating: One of the recipes we made this week was delicious and the easiest thing ever. It's called Mississippi pot roast. I edited the recipe a bit as I added onions, carrots, and potatoes like a more traditional pot roast. But the flavor was unreal and made the house smell incredible. 

Sale: I ordered a set of these pajamas as I already own a set and love them. They're currently 50% off with code FALLTIME and these are an item that is often excluded in the promos or the promos aren't always as deep of a discount as this!!! A really good savings if you do matching holiday pajamas- they don't have to scream holiday as these are such classics!

Sale II: This is the concealer that I have been sharing on instastories. It's outrageously expensive for concealer, unfortunately. I got it for 15% off from Nordstrom but found it (only in beige) for $39!!! It's regularly priced at $72. It's 100% worth the hype that you see everywhere. It covers my dark circles better than anything I have ever tried. 

Watching:
 I just watched The Village on Amazon Prime. It's a good spooky October movie!! 

Listening: I've been into Kenny G on Pandora. Kind of funny, but also relaxing and SO easy to work to. 
Loving: I got these mini ornaments in last week's Anthro sale and they arrived and I LOVE them. They bring me so much joy. They truly look like the traditional vintage ornaments and I love the little tinsel bits on them. I absolutely cannot wait to use them on my mini tree!! 
Wanting: I didn't have a ton of time to browse this week, but I did find a few cute things!! 

Pittsburgh: We got the hot ranch wings from the Crafty Jackalope on Sunday for the Steeler game and you guys, I am telling you, the BEST wings!!!!! 

Smelling: I just got this diffuser for our powder room and I LOVE it. The scent is not overpowering for the tiny powder room, which can be hard to find in a diffuser. It smells a bit cedary and cozy... I am awful at describing scents but this is a good winter one and it does not smell cheap. They didn't have the candle version in stock in our Target but I want to order it and try it out because I am guessing it would be good. 

Quoting: 'Do things that make you feel good.' // See more of my favorites, here. 

1 comment:

Briana said...

That pot roast looks amazing!

Briana
https://b-wear.org/

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure