Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Recipes: Getting Inspired to Cook At Home

We have not been cooking a lot lately. My goal is to really try and eat 4-5 home-cooked meals each week. I would say most weeks this does happen, but sometimes I get into a spiral of eating takeout and going out for meals and that is what has been happening lately! I need to get back to a good cooking routine. I truly feel healthier when we cook at home all week! So we've been 'bad' and I need to get back on track! 
So, I forced myself to do some digging around Pinterest to get inspired again to go grocery shopping and really plan out what we should eat for the next week or two. I usually do a seasonal recipe roundup but today, instead of focusing on the season, I thought I would share some recipes that caught my eye! 

I typically don't plan out meals like this. I usually just buy meats, vegetables, and lettuce for salads and we will often just do a mix of that. It's super easy and healthy and can be mixed and matched depending on what we are in the mood for. But, it does get a little boring after a while. So whenever I need to be reinspired, I turn to different recipes and try to do better with my planning ahead. 

Hopefully, I will re-read this post once it goes live to reinforce the fact that we are cooking at home! Do you all have any go-to dinner recipes that are easy, healthy, and exciting?! 

We grill chicken often but this is an easy way to jazz things up a bit, especially with the summer season approaching. 

I love making my own dressings and marinades. This Greek dressing sounds easy and delicious. 

Salmon is one of my most favorite foods and so easy to make!

I love tuna salad and I have always made it creamy, but one of my favorite café's here in Pittsburgh makes a Sicilian version and it does not use mayonnaise or anything creamy. It is SO good. I can't imagine I'll be able to recreate Mediterra's tuna salad, but this recipe looks like a good start!  

This is a recipe that isn't really similar to anything we have made before. It sounds fabulous! 

If there is a recipe and I can somehow incorporate cabbage into it, I will. These sound wonderful. 

I love spaghetti squash and my fiancé loves buffalo chicken so this is a great compromise. 

Ok, this is not a meal recipe, but oh my goodness I could not pass this one up without sharing it! My fiancé is allergic to bananas so I might have to just make this for myself one night. YUM! And so easy and I would have never thought to do this on my own. 

I love a good casserole and wow, SO easy. 

Another easy but delicious chicken recipe. My sister loves to cook and she always shares Half Baked Harvest recipes with me. 

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure