Wednesday, December 8, 2021

Favorite Workout Items





I just ordered another one of these long-sleeved tee shirts and it reminded me to write a post about this outfit that is compromised of some of my most-worn workout items as of late. I have worn them non-stop the past several months! 

Let's start off with the Long Sleeve Tee...
It's the perfect thing to throw on over top of my workout tank before/after a workout. I wear a tank when I workout regardless of the weather so I need layers in the winter. This is the best. It's lightweight, but substantial enough that it doesn't feel cheap. It's 100% cotton so it's ince and breathable (size up to account for shrinkage in the dryer) and it's pretty oversized so it is very comfortable. 

And this Quilted Pullover...
I've shared this one a bunch. It is the BEST. I throw it on over the long sleeve tee and it's been perfect. It's thick and warm but still thin enough that I can layer it under a puffer coat. The weather has been decently mild so I've been ditching my coat and running in and out of Orange Theory in just this pullover. It's insanely soft, I love the roomy fit but it does not look frumpy. I think the quilted stitching adds some structure to the shape. My one recommendation would be to either lay flat to dry and do not tumble dry or size up one size. I got a small and I had been laying it flat to dry, but I accidentally put it in the dryer and it shrunk a bit. Not enough to make me not like it anymore, but I wish I hadn't done that!! It's cotton (which I didn't realize) so that's why it shrunk a bit. 


Lastly, these Tennis Shoes...
I have ordered no less than 8 pairs of sneakers over the past several months. You are supposed to get new workout sneakers every 6ish months. I was getting hip pain and I knew it was from my shoes that had been overused. Every pair of shoes I tried, they just did not work or feel good on my feet. I have insanely high arches. I tried all of the most popular options and finally I ordered these. They're AMAZING. My hip pain is totally gone and I feel so much better. They are technically for trail running but I use them for Orange Theory and love them. I actually bought a second pair as backup I love them that much. They're so cushiony but they are not crazy bouncy either. I feel like they have a really good amount of suppport, too, for the floor portion of OTF and they fit well in the rowers! I have loved Adidas Ultraboost, Nike Pegasus, and Nike Joyride in the past but these take the cake for the best workout shoes I've ever worn!

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure