Saturday, June 13, 2009

City of Champions!


Well, if you haven't heard, the Pens won the Stanley cup last night!!!!!!!! I was over at my bff kMl's house, where we watched the game and celebrated with Mojitos!! They are one of my favorite drinks, so here is one of the best recipes from the Food Network:
Ingredients
  • Ice
  • 6 ounces light rum
  • 12 mint sprigs, or spearmint, 8 roughly broken apart
  • 6 tablespoons fresh lime juice
  • 4 tablespoons sugar
  • Club soda
  • 4 slices lime

Directions

Place ice in beverage shaker then add in the rum, 8 broken up mint sprigs, lime juice and sugar. Shake well and serve over ice in a high ball glass. Top off each glass with a splash of club soda.Garnish each with a slice of lime and a sprig of mint.


It was tons of fun being with all of my great girlfriends. Today bRc and I went to an Arts Festival downtown, it was a great day for being outside, and it was so fun to look at all of the art. Tonight I went to a neighbors grad party and wore the cutest Ann Taylor shift! It's navy blue, nantucket red and white and out of all the many dresses I own, I'd have to say it's one of my favorites! I'll put up a picture of it soon!

I was reading through a magazing, and saw these glasses featured:It's Bodum 10958 Presso Double Wall Glass .3 L/10 oz... They are double walled so you don't have any condensation to worry about, and they hold cold or hot beverages, so your hands will never be too cold or too hot! They have the rubber around the middle for grip and the rubber comes in many different colors, great for remember who's drink is who's. I haven't tried these yet, but I may just have to order a few, I like the kiwi color and the rasberry color. If you bough a set (set is 2 for $30) of the rasberry and a set of the kiwi, it would be great to have outdoor drinks that reflect your preppy side! You could even put the mojito in the pink glasses, so cute!

Also, I still need watch ideas! I found this inexpensive watch website called Pedre. They have watches for all different occassions whether it be fancy or a more casual affair. I think giving one of these watches as a graduation present would make a great gift. The watch to the right is one of my favorites! It is the 7715SX-pink croc and is only $97.50!






Well I hope you all have a wonderful Saturday night!

Yours,
sCe

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure