Friday, October 22, 2010

Handbags, Pocketbooks, Totebags, Clutches, Pouches, Wallets

The list could go on and on for the different types "bags" that are available for women. I will admit that this is my absolute weakness. I have a think for totes especially. Instead of being absolutely ridiculous though, it is good to have a few basic, purposeful bags that will last. Here are my top favorite picks! First, I have the small Vineyard Vines tote to use as a casual, everyday purse. This has many pockets, matches most everything, and is very durable. Next, is my (vintage) Gucci bag. This is one of my prized possessions. My grandmother bought it for my mother in Italy when she was young, and it has been passed down to me! I think every girl should have a nice, quality, leather handbag, and this just happens to be one of my favorites. Next are black clutches. They are usually more appropriate for a dressy occasion, but having one or two in black will be sure that you have an option to take out with you at  night because black matches most "nighttime" clothing. While I am at school, I don't use a full wallet. I just use a card case and put cash and credit inside the zipper part and then my school ID in the outside pocket. I use one of these because it is small and can fit right into my tote or jacket pocket and the ID is readily accessible. I also love that it is attached to a key ring so my keys are always with me as well. The madras pouch is for my camera. There aren't very many cute camera pouches out there, so this one was being sold at J.Crew as a change purse but I turned it into an adorable camera pouch (it doesn't hurt that I have the tote to match!). Last but not least is a Longchamp. I really don't think these bags are very attractive but they do make a lot of sense. I've had my navy blue one for going on 3 years and it of course has wear and tear but it has held up pretty well. I also love having the monogram on it; the bag is very plain itself so monogramming adds a little spice. I also love how they fold up. When I go on trips, I usually fold up my bigger black one in my luggage so if I have a lot of purchases, I can put them all in my Longchamp.What are your purse staples or every day go-to bags? Have a fabulous Friday and weekend!
Yours,
sCe

5 comments:

Let The Tide Pull Your Dreams Ashore said...

I have a Gucci speedy that my mom used as my diaper bag thirty years ago...somethings never go out of style! xx

Let The Tide Pull Your Dreams Ashore said...

I have a Gucci speedy that my mom used as my diaper bag thirty years ago...somethings never go out of style! xx

Carole said...

I use a small Vera Bradley cosmetic case for my camera; it's colorful and the perfect size.

Have a great weekend.

Sassy In The South said...

I love my Louis Vuitton Speedy 30, and I love the Longchamp for school use! :)

Anonymous said...

Longchamps are my go-to bag for travelling. I always pack one inside my suitcase for my trip home.

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure