Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Summer Staples

Being on spring break in a tropical locale is making me think all things warm, sunny, and summer! I put together a Polyvore of classic summer staples so you can prepare for the warm weather that is almost here!


  • A white shift dress. Classic cut and style that can be dressed up or down. You can't get any more summer-y than a white dress! Plus it is so fun to accessorize because the options are limitless!
  • A pashmina! My favorite color for summer is a coral-y pink, however, it's great to have many color options on hand because they are just perfect for cool nights and look perfect paired with a dress! 
  • A madras skirt or shorts. Who can resist!
  • Seersucker skirt or shorts; I love the classic blue and white seersucker but also have so many other different seersucker color combinations!
  • A nautical top or sweater! So summer-y and so classic!
  • A Lilly shift.. most definitely a summer necessity! So easy to throw on for dinner out on the town or shopping with friends!
  • A gingham shirt. I love the look of navy and white gingham and white chino shorts. So simple and classic and clean.
  • Nantucket red shorts, skirts, pants, etc... This color is perfect and Murray's Toggery shop has perfected the color! 
  • Polos of all colors! Ralph Lauren makes the best in my opinion!
  • Nike shorts for those lazy days, stock up on all of the fun color combinations!
  • As far as bags go, I love using the Vineyard Vines classic tote and straw handbags and clutches.
  • For jewelry, I keep things usually the same as always such as pearls or silver, however, I like to mix it up by adding some turquoise and coral jewelry into the mix. This not only adds a pop of color but it is also fun to get away from your normal jewelry wearing habits! 
  • As far as accessories go, during the summer months I like to keep it simple. A grosgrain or silk belt is the way to go.
  • For shoes I literally rotate through several pairs such as: Jack Rogers (I recommend platinum as your color of choice), cowboy boots, sperry's, grosgrain flip flops, and fun printed espadrilles. 
What are some of your summer wardrobe staples!? Have a fabulous day!
Yours,
sCe
 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure