Friday, April 13, 2012

I'm off!


 My bags are packed and this weekend I am headed to D.C. to celebrate my 22nd birthday (tommorrow) and attend bEw's formal that is on a boat on the Potomac! I am so excited to be visiting my second favorite city (behind Pittsburgh, of course) and eat some delicious food, do some major shopping damage, and celebrate!

I am a little weirded out by celebrating my 22nd birthday. It's nothing monumental like 16 or 21 was, but to me, it signals that I'm "in my 20's". With graduation only weeks away, and turning 22, I am feeling old.  I know, I know, 22 is just the beginning; I'm in the prime of my life! But, 22 just sounds old to me!

No worries though, I am definitely still a kid at heart and ready for 22 to be the best year yet! So here is to celebrating it in style...on a boat... in a cocktail dress! I hope everyone has a fabulous day!

Yours,
sCe

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have fun!

Karen said...

Hi! I'm new to your blog and it's wonderful. I think everytime we approach a new phase in life we get very reflective and think about how far we've traveled. I certainly can make us feel "mature"... to put it gently. Twenty-two is such a fun stage, that is so full of surprise and fun. Big decisions are made. New friends. New lifestyle. I know you will do well! I see you working for a top fashion magazine!!
Happy Blessed Birthday.
Karen
Ladybug Creek

Unknown said...

Happy (early) Birthday! Sounds like you're going to have a wonderful birthday weekend! Have fun!

Claire said...

Have a fabulous birthday weekend!

Carly A. Heitlinger said...

Happy Almost Birthday!!! Will you be in Georgetown at all? We're all going to see Brad Goreski at Brooks Brothers tonight!

JR Mazur said...

Have a very happy birthday!

Arielle said...

Happy 22nd!!! Hope DC is a blast!:)

mr. pineapple man said...

Happy 22nd and enjoy all the delicious foods! You must try georgetown cupcakes if you haven't already!

Hopsy said...

Happy early birthday S! Have a fabulous weekend!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Have a great Birthday!!!

Rachel said...

Happy birthday!! I hope you have a blast this weekend in DC! And don't feel old...you're exactly right in saying you're in the prime of your life!

Lizzy Lafranchise said...

Happy birthday! Hope you have a great time here in DC the weather is fabulous!

Anonymous said...

You're adorable! I just found your blog :)

Happy Birthday and yes, you are just a baby! Wait until you're in your mid-thirties like me :)

Enjoy!

xoxo

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure