Monday, January 7, 2013

Windows 8

I went a little tech crazy this weekend and got a new computer and an iPad. The new computer I purchased came with Windows 8 and I am less than thrilled. It is SO hard to use and very different from any other Windows version. 

I thought about purchasing a Mac, however, since I am so used to PC's, I decided to stick with a PC and just get an iPad to satisfy my Apple desire. 


I would consider myself pretty computer savvy. I played around with Windows 8 this weekend and it eventually drove me crazy. See...I learned how to use the camera. This is my no makeup, bed-head, Windows 8 is driving me crazy face. 

I know a lot of bloggers/readers use Mac's, but if anyone has tried Windows 8, I 'd love to know if you have been experiencing the same (negative) feelings towards this OS. Also, if any of you have any tips/tricks/shortcuts for Windows 8, PLEASE share them!!! 

I have decided that if I can't get used to Window's 8, I am either going to have to return this computer and purchase a Mac (which I'd rather not do) or purchase Windows 7 from Amazon (because no one sells Windows 7!!!) and then take my computer and windows 7 to Geek Squad at Best Buy and have them remove Windows 8 and install Windows 7 (which is semi ridiculous considering I had to pay more for Windows 8). 

Apologies for the tech rant, but something needs to be done! Such dilemmas!!! Thanks for your help!
Yours,
sCe

6 comments:

Doloris van der Bergh said...

I can totally understand this! I also have to get a new laptop and I can't decide between the mac and windows 8.And I also find windows 8 very hard to use and macs have soooo many graphic design programms which are simply amazing.
But I think I am getting a mac because it is (for me) one of the best systems to use if you got sick of pc virus!!
xo dVb
http://thegermanprep.blogspot.de/

Just said...

From a Mac lover: make the switch. You won't regret it!

Anonymous said...

I used PC's for 7 years but the second I switched to a mac, I knew there was no going back to Windows. As someone reviewing Windows 8 said, "Give it to someone you don't like!" That should be enough to convince you to change over to a mac.

Anonymous said...

I had my computer crash the week before finals so I ran out and bought a PC with windows 8 and although it does take some getting used to, once you do, you will love it! I would definitely go to a windows store nearby and take a tutorial class! The people are super helpful, regardless of where you bought it, and the classes are free and so worth it! That made my adjustment to windows 8 so much easier!

Gracie Beth said...

Once you go mac you never go back! Windows 8 looks like a nightmare

windows 8 90 days trial said...

I can totally understand this! I also have to get a new laptop and I can't decide between the mac and windows 8.And I also find windows 8 very hard to use and macs have soooo many graphic design programms which are simply amazing.

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure