Monday, March 10, 2014

Pop Fizz Clink




My favorite champagne is Veuve Clicquot yellow label. But because bubbly is my drink of choice (besides a dirty gin martini or a G&T), I unfortunately, am not always drinking Veuve Clicquot. I wish. I am always looking for inexpensive bottles of sparkling wines that are good. I've found a few that I really like (Lucien Albrecht, Campo Viejo) but a tried and true is Chandon's Blanc de Noirs. It's super inexpensive and a crowd pleaser. While this is not a champagne, considering it hails from California, not France, I feel that if you tasted if alongside a pricier bottle of champagne, it'd be able to hold its' own. 

I'm always arriving to dinners with a bottle of champagne and usually, if it's low key, Chandon Blanc de Noirs is what I will bring because it pairs well with most food. What's your favorite budget-friendly bubbly? I am always looking for suggestions! Have a fabulous day! 

Yours, 

3 comments:

Marisa said...

Zardetto Prosecco is my favorite everyday stuff - about $10/bottle.

Anonymous said...

I, too, love a good bottle of Veuve (or Moët... or Perrier Jouet). I really think champagne is one of those things that's just worth it, and cheaper sparkling wines aren't the same.

That being said, I do order prosecco if I'm at an Italian restaurant. I also choose prosecco in favor of something like Andre if I'm making mimosas or bellinis. The best prosecco I've ever had is Flor. It's amazingly delish and has gorgeous packaging.

Dana said...

Oh Veuve, my absolute favorite. I need to try the sparkling wine you suggested because I cannot keep affording $42 bottles of Veuve! (I WISH!)

Pink Champagne Problems

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure