Friday, April 25, 2014

All by myself


I would consider myself a social butterfly, the definition of a chatty Cathy. I love making plans with friends, chatting on the phone, catching up over drinks, visiting friends, going on dates, etc. I also love watching movies with my family and having dinner with family, and I sure do love a good party. 

However, I also really like being alone. 

I am completely happy and OK with being by myself. I don't really ever admit this, but sometimes I intentionally make no plans with anyone for an entire weekend just so I can have time to myself. During that time, I'll go for coffee, get my favorite takeout, do laundry, clean, watch movies, work on my blog, send e-mails, get a mani/pedi, walk Mac, etc. Often, I will even put my phone on do-not-disturb so I can't be reached by anyone. To me, it is so refreshing. It's not to say that I don't enjoy the company of others, but sometimes I just need the time to myself. Some of my favorite parts of the weekends are just sitting with my coffee and reading. 

Do you ever feel this way? I'm hoping I'm not the only weirdo ;) Have a fabulous day! 

Yours, 

9 comments:

PinkSenshi said...

You are definitely not the only one haha. Being alone is something I need sometimes too!

Hunter
Prep on a Budget

Dress in Sparkles said...

I am definitely the same way! There's something really nice about not having plans and being able to do anything you want!

xo Kylie
www.dressinsparkles.com

Portuguese Prepster said...

I absolutely feel this way! And post college especially I definitely need more time to catch up on my own stuff!

Tracy said...

I think scheduling yourself some alone time is so important! Sometimes the perfect day is doing laundry, putting fresh sheets on your bed and getting to sip your coffee instead of gulping it down as you drive to work.

Unknown said...

I definitely feel that way a lot. I love socializing, but I also like my "me" time. I find if I don't give myself some time each week then I tend to fall behind and before you know it my laundry has piled though the roof. It's hard having a boyfriend because he doesn't understand my want to just veg out alone once in a while. I always make it a point to save one or two days a week just for myself!

linda said...

You are just too cute!!!!
-Linda NY

3 Peanuts said...

I am exactly the same way. Considered very social but LOVE time alone.

Letters from a Mermaid said...

I feel exactly the same! Sometimes I even tell little white lies just to be left in peace! Hope you had a great weekend.

Claire said...

This is the only reason hubby's business trips are okay... Sometimes a girl just needs some ME time!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure