Friday, February 13, 2015

Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas, Finale

Stunning sunset view from my stateroom's balcony! 


Ok last post to one amazing weekend! We awoke to a gorgeous sunrise... I'm not a morning person AT ALL, but seeing that really makes you glad to be alive, that's for sure. I think on any cruise, having a balcony is totally necessary. The views from my stateroom were incredible. I actually slept with the door open one night! Royal Caribbean's balconies are spacious, too, which is a major plus! Then we goofed off a little and then got our caffeine fix before heading to the beach! Another major plus? The Freedom of the Seas and most Royal Carribean ships have Starbucks on board! 




The girls and I posted up at Atlantis for the day. I was so glad to know that Royal Caribbean sails to Atlantis. I've been many times and it is so gorgeous! It was the most wonderful thing to feel the warm sun and get some bronzed skin! Since I've been to the Atlantis several times before, I knew their drinks (a Miami Vice) were a must have. So we all sipped on some cocktails and hung out. 

When we got back on the ship, Krista, Brent and I were the brave ones who decided to get wet and try out the Flowrider. This attraction is available aboard several Royal Caribbean cruises and you don't want to miss out! You can surf and boogie board and it was so much fun!! We all caught hilarious photos during our attempts. 

 Then we all got ready for a casual dinner at the Mexican restaurant, Sabor. YUM YUM YUM!



The restaurant was beautiful and the jalapeƱo margaritas and table-side gauc were to die for! It was so much fun to be waited on so attentively. The attention to detail was not overlooked by myself! 





The next day it was time to head home and it was so sad to leave the gorgeous scenery, my cozy Freedom of the Seas stateroom, and warm weather and say goodbye to my friends! Traveling back was a slight nightmare considering I had a connection in Detroit where there was SO much snow. As a sidenote, DTW is one of my favorite airports. They have good food and lots of coffee (an illy bar!!!) available. And my favorite part? They have the rainbow lit walkway that is so fun to go through! I was so worried I was going to be stuck there, but luckily, my flight took off on time and I made it back to Pittsburgh safe and sound. All in all, it was a trip for the books and Royal Caribbean was the best host! Have a fabulous day! 

Yours, 

5 comments:

Erin @ Her Heartland Soul said...

Oh man I am craving sunshine and sand right now! That drink at Atlantis looks amazing. And fresh guac is one of the best things in the world.

Her Heartland Soul
htp://herheartlandsoul.com

Unknown said...

SO FUN!!! I leave for Atlantis in 20 days and have been stalking your posts for outfit and food ideas. ;)

Unknown said...

This looks lovely! What I wouldn't give to be somewhere warm and sunny right now...
xoxo
Hannah
www.frecklesandolives.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Love your outfits! I know said your white dress is old, but where did you get it or do you know where I can find something similar??

Tracy said...

I'm an Oakland County girl so I always fly out of DTW. The rainbow walkway never gets old.

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure