Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Talbots Dress for Success




The other day I was out running errands, and made a point to stop at my local Talbots. Talbots let me know they are pairing up with Dress for Success, a philanthropic organization that helps guide disadvantaged women to enter the workforce. It's a no brainer for me to support a charity that supports women and especially women who want to get a great job! I whipped up a quick video and shot some photos (the ladies at my local Talbots were SO nice) to show off what the pretty pink box looks like. 

Dress for Success started in 1997 and has helped over 775,000 women. It's an incredible organization and one that I am proud to post about on Summer Wind. I remember coming out of college and seeing the prices of some professional clothing and being blown away! Dressing in a suit to land a great job can be expensive! It's great that Dress for Success is around to help women land their dream job and become financially independent! 




Snapchatting while I donate! Follow along with me (@SummerWind41490). 

You can donate nearly-new wear-to-work items at you local Talbots from March 5-8 and can donate monetarily through March 22nd. This gave me great motivation to clean out my closet and make room for more pretty Talbots pieces which are currently 25% off through March 8th. Stop in, donate, and pick up some new pieces! I donated some shift style dresses and blazers but you can also donate shoes and accessories. They are what I wore when I first got a job out of college. I had only worn them a few times, since I have never had a job that has required me to wear a suit. Hopefully the pieces will find a great new home! Have a fabulous day! 

Yours, 

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love Talbots! My office does a drive like this every year and I try to make a point to donate for women who need business clothes to make their lives better!

Cynthia
Sensibly Sharp

madison said...

I love that you posted this! I have been with Dress for Success Central Virginia for two years now! Interning, volunteering, and now on the volunteer committee and board member.

I definitely encourage all women to take part in this donation drive! All of the local affiliates could use volunteers and monetary donations as well.

-madison

www.everydaysisters.com

Theirignishe said...

i love your bag so much!
nice post.

Sammy89 said...

I love your white blouse. Can you tell me where it's from? I love your sense of styel!

Farrah said...

I saw your Snapchat about this but promptly forgot. I will look at my closet when the workday is over. Thanks for the reminder!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure