Thursday, September 3, 2015

Lately



I'm really appreciative to those who gave their feedback about this new Thursday posting format, so thank you everyone! I'm glad to hear others are enjoying it. I keep it as a draft all week so it's fun to add bits and pieces from my week as it progresses! Check out last week's post here.

Wearing: New season means fun new additions to my closet! Fall is my favorite partially because of the colors/textures/layering etc. when it comes to outfits! I'm trying to exercise self control when it comes to breaking out my fall things until it gets really chilly, but sometimes it's hard to resist! These Stubbs and Wootton slippers have to be my favorite new arrival in my fall wardrobe. Look out for them in a styled post, soon!

Smelling: Trader Joe's roses. My local TJ's often has a dozen roses (all different colors to choose from) for $10... sometimes even less than that. I'd say I buy fresh flowers around once a month. It's a treat to have them!

Watching: The Longest Ride. I ordered it on demand one night because I have a major crush on Scott Eastwood. It was a cute movie. Slightly cheesy, but worth the watch!

Also Watching: Speaking of Scott Eastwood... Taylor Swift's Wildest Dreams video. So good.

Eating: Bruster's Graham Canyon ice cream. One of my favorite flavors of the season! I had a bad Monday, so I gave up that night and just had a double scoop waffle cone for dinner. It was wonderful.

Drinking: I figure I better take a week off suggesting alcoholic beverages considering the past two weeks have been featuring just that! This time, Trop50. It's Tropicana's lower calorie orange juice and it's really good. At just 50 calories a serving, I don't feel so bad having a glass every once in a while! 

Listening: I'm embarrassed to admit I like Justin Bieber's What do you mean? It's been on repeat lately. I'm also working on two music posts, one about my favorite indie/singer/songwriters and my favorite International songs... coming soon!

Pittsburgh-ing: I hate to give up this secret haven of mine, in fear that it gets too popular, but Pho Kim 88 has THE BEST pad thai in the entire world. It's a little hole in the wall off the beaten path, but so so so so worth it.

Reading: It's taken me a little while to get through the September issues but I really enjoyed them all this season! I recycle/ giveaway my magazines, but always keep the September issues!

Also Reading: Target + Cocktails. YES.


Wanting: In your feedback, some asked to see images of the items, so I'm including a scroll through option! 

5 comments:

Annsterw said...

We love Pho Kim!!! Their Pho Gu soup is out of this world! If you like basil and chicken soup it is TO DIE FOR!!!
Yummo! We are there at least once a month!
Annster's Domain

Portuguese Prepster said...

Love the slippers! Been thinking of ordering a pair with my married monogram post wedding. Let me know if they're comfortable!

Erin said...

Wildest Dreams is amazing! I love that video!

Her Heartland Soul
http://herheartlandsoul.com

Unknown said...

Did you go for the full priced Stubbs or were you able to find a discounted pair?

Unknown said...

The Longest Ride was one of my favorite movies we've rented all summer! I could watch it again right now.

And I feel ya on fall. I'd love to break out my layers but it's going to be 90 here this weekend *sigh*

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure