Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Pittsburgh Airport Marriott


Monogrammed Canvas Tote (size XL)// Leather Bag (currently 25% off!!) 

I just got back from Florida and it was so much fun-- more on that in a later post! My flight was super early last Thursday morning, so the Marriott at the Pittsburgh Airport invited me for a stay! It's a real treat to get to stay at hotels in Pittsburgh since I live in there, I don't normally get to check out all of the great hotels!


The Marriott is located less than 10 minutes away from the airport. Besides the spacious rooms, attentive staff, delicious food (brisket quesadillas pictured above.. .YUM), and cozy beds, the best part is that if you park at the Marriott, their shuttle takes you to the airport for free and then you don't have to pay for parking at the airport. 

When I have a super early or late flight, I usually drive myself to the airport, park, and then walk really far with all my luggage to check-in. Not only is it a hassle but super expensive. When I leave for a few days, I always rack up a $60+ parking bill... or worse, I get a car service from my house to the airport which is well over $60 each way! It's always nice when my flight is at a normal time when my friends/family/parents can drive me! 

If you are a Pittsburgher with a super early flight and will be gone a few nights, it's well worth it just to stay at the Marriott and take the shuttle to your flight. In a lot of cases, it could even be cheaper than paying for parking or arranging transportation. If you're coming in from out of town, this is a great option since it is so close to the airport. You don't have to deal with all of the ridiculous construction that has been going on on the parkway (376). 


I spent my night getting some work done on my computer, watching the Pittsburgh Pirates in the wild card game (sadly that did not end in my favor) and snacking on so much delicious food and a great bottle of wine! A big thanks to the Pittsburgh Airport Marriott for their gracious hospitality! Have a fabulous day!

Pittsburgh Airport Marriott
777 Aten Road
Coraopolis, PA 15108
412-788-8800

2 comments:

Erin said...

This is a great idea before a big trip when the airport is far away!

Her Heartland Soul
http://herheartlandsoul.com

Jennifer Ebert said...

I just moved to Pittsburgh a little over a month ago. I've already been to the airport twice (once this past weekend in that horrid construction) and this doesn't seem like a bad idea at all! It's so far from the city to the airport and parking or a car service is crazy expensive. Great post!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure