Thursday, June 23, 2016

Lately 6/23/16


Wearing: You may have seen this dress on my instagram, but I just love this little yellow ruffled dress. It's under $50 and for the price, the quality is outstanding. A full outfit post is coming soon!

Wearing II: This is not really 'wearing' per say, but the curling iron I have loved and used for years is AVAILABLE! For the longest time, I thought it had been discontinued, however, I found the exact one online. It's under $33, but it says there are only about 20 in stock as I am writing this, so act quickly if you want one. It's truly the best curling iron I've ever used. I bought two, because, after about 4 years, they wear out! So it looks like I am set for the next 8ish years, ha!

Reading: I just added a 'Beach Reads' section to the right sidebar. You can see my picks above, but after this post gets pushed down, it will always be on the right sidebar and I will update it frequently! 

Watching: This 12-year-old girl, Grace, was on America's Got Talent and her voice is incredible. I don't even watch the show, but I am totally rooting for her! Simon called her 'the next Taylor Swift'! Then I ended up going down the rabbit hole that is YouTube and clicked on another America's Got Talent contestant who is 13, and OMG. Absolutely incredible! You need to watch around 6:30 when they press the golden button (not sure what that means, but it's definitely really good), the little girl's excitement almost brought me to tears, it's so cute. 



Listening: So many songs in June's playlist... I think it's about time I start on July.

Listening II: My friend Chris's band, Mace Ballard, just released their first song on their new album! You can pre-order the album, here


Loving: This cloud cream from Skyn Iceland. It's amazing... so lightweight, it's the absolute perfect moisturizer for summer! I am very hesitant to use new products on my skin because it is so sensitive but this is great and doesn't make me break out! 

Wanting: Soooo many cute things. I feel like every site I stumble upon, I find at least 5 things I am loving!

Decorating: Last week, I finally got this dresser! I'm almost completely done with furniture. Phew! I really love the dresser. I've had my eye on it forever, and it really fits in well with the room. I actually got it as a TV stand, rather than a traditional dresser. It's perfect becuase it's currently storing all of my winter sweaters that aren't being used right now! I also love it because most of my furniture is antique and a very traditional style, but this campaign style dresser gives the room a little bit of a mid-century kick to the otherwise very classic room! 

Traveling: I'm headed to Martha's Vineyard in a few weeks! I would love for you to recommend places to eat/things to do! I have never been to MV before, so I am excited!


Sale-ing: Extra 40% off sale at Banana Republic, Extra 25% off sale at Shopbop, Extra 30% off sale at Club Monaco, Extra 30% off Tory Burch! I highlighted some of my favorites from each sale in last night's post and you can see my Tory Burch picks above! 

Quoting: 'You do not need to know precisely what is happening, or exactly where it is all going. What you need is to recognize the possibilities and challenges offered by the present moment, and embrace them with courage, faith, and hope.' - Thomas Merton 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous lemon dress! Looks stunning on you! Sophie x

stylestarsandsparkle.com

Ashley said...

I absolutely love that yellow dress, especially paired with the blue tassel earrings! Such a fun look! Also, loved the quote you shared, it's such an important thing to remember.

Ashley
MyWellDressedLife.com

Unknown said...

Marthas Vineyard is my all time favorite place to be! I vacation their every year and will also be going up in a few weeks! You must go to Edgartown for shopping and a really cute coffee shop called behind the bookstore! Also a must see is Vineyard Sound, an all Male acapella group! Hope you have an amazing time!

Dana said...

I'm obsessed with that yellow dress - also love your beach reads widget!

Pink Champagne Problems

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure