Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Summer Staples: Mila Shift Dress + Jack Rogers Sandals

Lilly Pulitzer Mila Shift dress and Jack Rogers Sandals

Lilly Pulitzer Mila Shift dress and Jack Rogers Sandals

Louis Vuitton Speedy 30

Lilly Pulitzer Mila Shift dress and Jack Rogers Sandals

ray ban aviators on a person



Lilly Shift and LV Speedy 30

This post definitely consists of  a lot of my summer staples: A Lilly shiftJack Rogers SandalsRayBan aviatorspearl studs, and a Yurman cable cuff bracelet. This is one of those 'summer uniforms' for me, for sure!

I love love love a good Lilly shift dress. This is definitely no secret. I'm currently in Martha's Vineyard right now (follow on Snapchat: SummerWind41490, and Instagram!) and I have spotted so many girls in cute Lilly shifts, however, I always feel a little out of place when I wear Lilly in Pittsburgh. BUT with this shift dress, I feel like I can get away with a dress like this even downtown/in the city because the cut is so classic.

This dress is called a 'shift', but I think it has a much more flattering fit (kind of more like a sheath!) because of the well-placed seems. I shared this dress on Snapchat (SummerWind41490) a few weeks ago and said that I really think this is one of the best/most figure flattering dresses I've ever worn from Lilly or really any brand for that matter! I also love the lace details around the neckline and down the sides-- it adds some interest and the two well-placed lace stripes down the side are slimming.

I wore this dress to grab coffee in the suburb where I grew up during a work day, but I also wore it for a happy hour then date night downtown. Needless to say, the versatility with this shift is really endless.

Besides a Lilly shift being a summer staple of mine, Jack Rogers sandals are also a definite summertime wardrobe staple. No joke, I wear them every single day and have for years. I wear them so much that I usually get a new pair each year. They're comfortable, easy, and go with anything and everything! 


2 comments:

Ellen | A Pop of Pink said...

I love this dress, Sydney! I've gone back and forth on buying a pair of Jack Rogers the last few summers. They are so cute, and I love the platinum color they have.

Ellen | A Pop of Pink

Belle On Trend said...

This dress looks amazing on you! I love it!
xxoo
Mary
www.BelleOnTrend.com

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure