Friday, December 2, 2016

Holiday Outfit for the City Girl









Sweater// Vest (converts to a dress!)// Skirt
Last night, my building had our holiday party and then I got into my plaid Christmas pajamas and watched Home Alone. There's no doubt I am in full-on December mode and so excited about it! This is my first year living downtown, but certainly not the first time I've enjoyed all of the gorgeous Christmas and holiday decor that downtown Pittsburgh has to offer! 

The city is just bustling with people and has an infectious energy about it, you can't help but to be in a great mood! Between tea at the William Penn Hotel, the holiday market in Market square, the beautifully lit Horn's tree, or the Creche at the Steel Tower (it's the world's only authorized replica of the Vatican's Christmas creche that's on display in Rome!), there is always something to be doing to celebrate the season in the city!

I shot these photos in front of PPG Place's ice skating rink and massive tree! I tried to capture the grand size of the tree in the photos. It's truly something to be seen. Not to mention, it's the most beautiful sight at night when it is all lit up and skaters are flying around the base!

I am loving this gorgeous, festive outfit from J.McLaughlin. They're one of my favorite brands and are continuously coming out with show-stopping, quality pieces. The skirt is the piece that originally caught my eye and what I built the outfit around. It has the most amazing texture thanks to the tweed pattern with lots of metallic gold accents! I then topped it off with this simple, but lovely angora/wool black sweater and then this unique vest! The black accents really help to make the skirt pop! Also, the Pittsburgher in me loves that it's black and gold ;)

I love that each piece of this outfit can be styled on their own, but when put together, it makes for an elegant party outfit! Not to mention, you could even wear the sweater/skirt to work and then off to wherever your night takes you! And the best part? The vest can also be converted into a dress...it's made of wool for great warmth but with a touch of cashmere for a super soft hand. You can also see a different way that I styled the vest, here.
Also, something super exciting from J.McLaughlin is that they just released sunglasses! I love all of the styles available. They're classic but updated for a sleek, timeless look! Check out my instagram to see the Ace sunglasses in action! Thank you to J.McLaughlin for partnering with me on this post!

More favorites from J.McLaughlin:

5 comments:

petiteinherheels said...

This outfit is so cute and perfect for any holiday party!
Kelsey | petiteinherpearls.blogspot.com

Dana said...

Such a pretty look! I loved going skating over there!

Pink Champagne Problems

Lauren said...

Love that skirt! So perfect for the holidays!

Lauren,
http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com

Anonymous said...

Cutest outfit!! Love that skirt... Have a great weekend!

Brittany :)
www.kingdomofsequins.com

Unknown said...

I'm loving your skirt here. So fabulous!

xx Kathryn
www.chicandshimmer.com

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure