Friday, December 16, 2016

My Favorite Winter Coat

J.Crew Chateau Parka review

pittsburgh PA creche manger scene

J.Crew Chateau Parka
Coat:
Outfit:

Apparently, yesterday was the worst of the cold, so that's a relief! However, living in Pittsburgh, just like many other cities, heavy winter coats are a necessity. I have a closet just reserved for my coats because I've amassed so many over the years. And while I really do wear all of them, there are several that get the most use!

This parka is one of my most-worn coats. I love that it is slightly dressy in the way that it is cut and the slight embellishments like the silver zippers, fur around the hood, and small leather details, but it also has the warmth of a less-than-cute winter parka. So basically, it's the best of both worlds! Not to mention, the pockets hold a ton and then there are secondary pockets that are great for warming your hands.

I've had this coat for going on 3 winters now and I've also been really impressed with the way it has held up. My mom has the black one and we will switch on and off to give us a change every once in a while! If you are wondering about sizing, I think it fits large. I would typically choose a size small or 4 in a coat because I like to be able to wear heavy sweaters underneath. However, both my mom and I got a size 2 in the coat and it's perfect.

We shot these photos while my sister and I were strolling downtown one afternoon. We walked around to admire some of the pretty Christmas decor. The creche at the Steel Tower is one of my favorite things to see each year. It is the only authorized replica outside of Saint Peter's Basilica in Rome, which I think is really cool! It is a really beautiful reminder of the true reason for the season. 

6 comments:

nikoline said...

I actually thought that the coat was brand new.. It look so pretty! :)

TheNormcoreRebel

nikoline said...

I actually thought that the jacket was brand new.. It look so pretty! :)

TheNormcoreRebel

Courtney said...

I love your coat! I live in Texas and I've been freezing lately, I can't imagine how cold it must be up there!! :)

champagneandcitylights.com

Unknown said...

Great winter time look!

Liv

www.livforstyle.net

Haley Marozas said...

What boots are those? I did not see a link and really love them.

Sydney Carver Snyder said...

Hi Haley, They are Banana Republic from a while ago and they seem to be no longer available, Sorry!!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure