Thursday, December 29, 2016

The Best of 2016: Lately 12/27/2016

Today's lately will be interspersed with some best of 2016 goodness to keep with this week's theme! Tomorrow I'll be sharing the top products of 2016 as featured here as well as the top posts on Summer Wind! 

Wearing: Tomorrow I'm recapping some of the most popular items of 2016, so stay tuned! However, this week has been a whole lot of pajamas. My mom, sister, and I wore these pink striped pajamas on Christmas Eve and Christmas morning! I love love love them. They remind me of Eloise! It's been so nice to be able to relax and get things done around the house. I always feel good when I have a jump-start on a new week, let alone a new year! 

Pittsburgh-ing: Best restaurant of 2016 is a tie between Tako and Little Tokyo. Two of my absolute favorite restaurants in all the world. You can see my entire list and reviews, here

Listening: I've shared this playlist several times, but here are the best songs of 2016 according to me! 

Wanting: I always find this to be such an awkward time of year. I'm already over sweaters, and it's time to ditch dressing for the holidays but it's still way too cold (and it will be for months... ahhh) to embrace spring items. Woof. This is when I typically find myself getting into a dressing rut, but I am determined not to let it happen this year! 

Watching: My favorite shows of 2016 have been The OC (I just watched all the seasons for the first time in early 2016), Stranger Things (duh), The Night Of, Westworld, The Crown, Wayward Pines. And two honorable mentions? Growing Pains and Wonder Years are always my go-to shows. I can watch these episodes over and over and never tire of them. 

Reading: I didn't do as much reading as I would have liked this year. I started the year off strong, but then it kind of fell off of my to-do list. It's one of my favorite things to do, so I'm trying to prioritize time for that. I'd love to hear some of your recommendations! I think my favorite this year was Once We Were Brothers

Sale-ing: There are so many sales going on right now, it's a little overwhelming! You can read Tuesday's post of my favorite sale items, here. I'm also loving the J.McLaughlin sale. The prices are amazing!

Smelling: Favorite scents of 2016? Santal 33, Carven L'eau de toilette, Celerie Kemble candles (you can find them at Homegoods), Voluspa Moso Bamboo candle

Drinking: Best drinks of 2016? Gerolsteiner mineral water, Trader Joe's sparkling water, Estancia Cabernet, Wolffer Estate Summer in a Bottle, Veuve Clicquot yellow label, Schweppes Lemon Lime sparkling water, Botanist Gin, Harney and Sons Paris Tee, Clover Brewed Coffee. 

Quoting: You can read all of my favorite quotes, here

2 comments:

Lauren said...

I really like the first sweater and that light blue tunic! Happy 2016 and I hope you have an even better 2017!!

Lauren,
http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com

Madison R. said...

I wish I'd read more this year too. Right now I'm reading Believer by David Axelrod, which is a great memoir by a member of President Obama's team. Politics aside it's interesting to read as the administration comes to a close and he has a very uplifting, idealistic outlook! Hillbilly Elegy is next on my list!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure