Thursday, March 30, 2017

Lately 3/30/2017

Today we have the weekly 'lately', but with an added outfit post as well, so keep scrolling because it is a long one! 





Wearing: Last Friday we had our first day of really warm, gorgeous weather. It was the absolute best. I was all over Pitt's gorgeous campus with my cousin, Michael so it was really wonderful we were able to soak up the warmth! This dress was the easiest and most perfect thing to wear, too.

Smelling: I just ordered another one of these candles. It is one of my all-time favorite scents and this huge jar lasts a while, which is an added bonus. They also make it in a diffuser which I am considering. I don't really use diffusers, but I love this scent so much, I just might! 

Wanting: I am utterly obsessed with this navy and white striped sweater. I love the super relaxed look and the stripes are very crisp and clean. I need another navy and white striped top like I need a hole in the head, but at under $70, I think this is going to make its way into my wardrobe. Scroll through the widget above to see more items I am loving.

Drinking: Coffee, always coffee. But it's what I'm drinking it out of that is the focus! Sorry for the terrible photo, I was in a rush when taking it, but how adorable are these to-go cups from Target (also have these and these)?

Eating: For those of you who follow me on snapchat, here is the recipe for the egg roll in a bowl. It's SO easy and it was seriously one of the best things I've ever made (which I guess is not really saying much, but really it was delicious).

Listening: Last week I saw the Cold War Kids at Stage AE. It was a really great concert and not too crowded so we got to get up close which was nice! I've already started on April's playlist, which you can find, here (if you have Spotify). I'll embed the playlist next week once I add more songs!


Tacos, guac, and nachos from Condado
Pittsburgh-ing: This past weekend was the weekend of Tacos. I went to Condado, Bakersfield, and Doce Taqueria. But, you can never have too many tacos, am I right?! Condado is new right on the corner of Liberty and 10th (where Tonic used to be. It was really good and very casual. I think Bakersfield is still better, but definitely worth checking out! Doce Taqueria is in the Southside and is kind of a hole-in-the-wall but sooooo good. It's really inexpensive, too!

Pittsburgh-ing II: My friends Chris and Bridget just had the most gorgeous, sweet baby and Chris is documenting #dadlife via his new blog. It gives me such entertainment- he's so funny but also keeps it real. I've been loving that it is from a Dad's perspective!

Loving: This is a photo of the products I brought to the Atlantis with me. I wanted to share what I loved- I brought a few new products and then a few tried-and-true. This moisturizer and eye moisturizer will be a forever favorite and must-have. I also aways make sure to bring my Clarisonic with me to make sure my face is always clean before going to bed! I washed with a new-to-me cleanser by Zo Skin Health which I now love because it's so light but effective. I used this Tula eye serum each morning (use code sydneywinter20 for 20% off through 4/1). I love that it has a dose of caffeine to wake up my tired eyes! I flew with the June Jacobs moisturizing mask and then one night while I took a bath, I used the detoxifying and renew mask. I really liked both. They weren't intense, but just a really light, fun mask to use and packaged perfectly for travel. I also used this SPF 30+ Primer and it was amazing. The absolute perfect base to wear under my makeup for skin protection but also made my makeup go on really smooth!

Sale-ing: This classic top is currently 60% off. It comes in both black and white and all sizes are in stock as of writing this. It's such a good deal considering you can wear this for basically anything and everything. I also love these super casual denim shorts that are currently being price matched.

Quoting: 'If it matters to you, who cares if it matters to anyone else.'

2 comments:

Emily said...

Do you wear your Jack Purcell's without socks?

Sydney Carver Snyder said...

Not usually- I typically wear a low, no-show sock with most of my sneakers! You can get them really inexpensively, here: http://bit.ly/2oRz46C

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure