Friday, May 19, 2017

Gorgeous White Dresses for Special Occasions



I have been receiving so many e-mails/DM's/snapchat messages asking about my favorite white dresses for special occasions such as engagement party/engagement photos/bridal shower/bachelorettes, etc.! So today I am partnering with Nordstrom to share some of my favorites, namely this gorgeous a-line dress with the sweetest ruffled hem!

I think the most important thing when selecting a white dress is the fabric. Since there is no color, you want to choose a fabric that really sets the dress apart- something that makes it feel luxe and special. Look for fabrics like lace, jacquard, brocade, embroidered, linen, etc. The fabric on this dress is something special- it is kind of like lace, but slightly less antique/femine, which I love! I also love the added detail at the neckline and sleeves.. it adds a special little touch, don't you think? The best part is that this dress comes in under $150!

The next thing, is to choose a fit that works well with your body type. I know that kind of sounds like common sense, but I feel like sometimes people choose a 'trendy' style that may not work best on their body. Knowing what cut of dress flatters your figure best will help you to look amazing and make you feel even better. I personally love a shift dress or a sheath style dress! 

The fit of this dress is true to size. I am wearing a size 2. I would suggest sizing up, though, if you have a larger bust! 

And lastly, I tried to style this dress with a flat shoe so you could have that option. I know a few of you had mentioned you were looking for a shorter heel or something flat since you'll be on grass or be doing a lot of walking or standing for your event. These shoes are definitely a splurge, but they are my all-time favorites! They run true to size (usually I size up in a designer shoe, but these really are true to size!).

Thank you to Nordstrom for sponsoring this post. All opinions are my own.

More White Dresses I Love:

3 comments:

Marta said...

That's a wonderful dress! I love white dresses, they're super pretty and elegant.

Anonymous said...

A post on casual sundresses that don't break the bank? Struggling to find anything of note this year!

Lauren said...

I saw that dress on your instagram earlier today and I love it!

Lauren,
http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure