Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Statement-Making Neutrals

Hermes Oasis Sandals (similar less pricey option)// Sunglasses

If you scroll through my instagram feed, you're likely to see a lot of neutral colors. Think black, navy blue, white, tan, gray, cream, blush, etc. Every once in a while, I'll sprinkle in a healthy dose of color. Whether it be a little Lilly Pulitzer or a bright tunic, I do love me some color. 

But, through the years, what I've learned about building a timeless, wearable wardrobe is that neutral, basic pieces are the necessary foundation. Another thing I've learned? A statement piece in your wardrobe doesn't have to be something infused with bright colors or crazy patterns. Some of the best show-stopping pieces can most definitely be neutral! 

I thought today's outfit would be the perfect time to discuss this because the top that I am wearing in the photos above is neutral, but it definitely makes a statement. The lace detail is stunning and the cut is different and unique. I kept with the neutral theme elsewhere in my outfit, too.

It just goes to show that you can still make a statement, subtly... and that's just what I love, don't you? 
Scroll through the widget above to see some of my favorite statement-making neutrals. I'm all about white during the summer months, so you'll see an abundance of that, but I also tried to include some tans, navy, black, etc., too! Everything is at all different prices points, too!

4 comments:

Madame said...

Hi Sydney,
I love your top. It is so classic but stylish and the shades are perfect for Summer. Your classic outfits inspire me a lot.

Greetings from Germany
Katie

http://madame-schischi.blogspot.de/

Unknown said...

I know you wear your Speedy often, but it especially pulls this outfit together perfectly. Love those neutrals!

Hollyhoehner.com

Lauren said...

Love this top!

Lauren,
http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com

Hotdealsbills said...

Nice collection of bangles and sunglasses, thanks for sharing these blog.
Best deals

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure