Thursday, December 14, 2017

Lately 12/14/2017

heinz hall at christmas pittsburgh
I feel like this week has flown by. I think that's because I'm cutting my week short to head to Martha's Vineyard for a long weekend! I actually woke up on Monday feeling under the weather, so I didn't get as much done as I wanted to, but I revved it up on Tuesday and Wednesday!

This past weekend, I went to brunch at one of my Pittsburgh favorites, Dianoia's and then my parents, Grammie and I went to see the Pittsburgh Symphony Holiday POPS concert at Heinz Hall! It was so much fun! If you have an opportunity to go, I definitely suggest it. It's great for all ages. The photo above is the lobby area of Heinz Hall... stunning, right?!

australian cattle dog
I am joining the board of the Public Relations Society of America Pittsburgh chapter (PRSA) and I'm so excited for a new experience in 2018! I attended their holiday party this week and it was fun to get to meet some of the other board members! I also went home for a little bit this week to hang out with Mac... doesn't he look so cute by the tree?!

While I'm going to Martha's Vineyard this weekend, something INCREDIBLY exciting happened and I cannot wait to share (next week), I'm just dying of happiness inside!!! Stay tuned.

salmon appetizer recipe on herend platter
Eating: I made salmon appetizers this weekend for a little get together I held at my apartment. This is one of my go-to apps that's filling and looks pretty, too! All you need is a baguette, cream cheese, smoked salmon, and capers. You thinly slice the baguette, add a dollop of cream cheese and top with smoked salmon and capers! No cooking necessary! I was excited I also got to use my new Herend tray!

Sale-ing: Club Monaco is having a sale through January offering an extra 30% off sale styles. This is typically when I purchase CM pieces because you can get really great deals. I suggest shopping ASAP, though, because sizes sell out very quickly!

Watching:
 All I have been watching is The Crown. I am not even that into the Monarchy, but this show is just so incredibly well done. I urge you to watch! 

Listening: My most played songs of 2017 playlist came out on Spotify. I am so excited to share with all of you because I really think it gives you a good look at who I am. It's SO eclectic. One minute you're listening to Kid Cudi, the next minute Van Morrison, and then Hillsong. 

Loving: One of my friends told me about the investing app, Acorns and I am hooked. Basically, you set it up so it automatically withdraws from your account each month. You can set it as little as $5 or as much as you want. Then, it also rounds up on every purchase you make on your cards. So for example, if you buy a coffee for $3.75, it will round up to $4 and deposit the quarter into your account. Then, that money gets invested. It's a really easy to way to invest a bit without even noticing it's being taken out of your account.

Loving II: I'm a big eye mask fan. It's hard for me to sleep without one. I really hate that it messes with my eyelash extensions, though. However, this eye mask says that it is eyelash extension friendly. Considering me very intrigued.

Wanting: So many great items that I came across this week!! Scroll through to see them!

What I'm wearing:
miracle christmas bar pittsburgh review
Pittsburgh-ing: This past weekend, I got together with a bunch of family friends and my parents and we went to the Miracle Christmas pop-up bar in Market Square. It was SO. MUCH. FUN! It's about as over-the-top and tacky as can be and the drinks are VERY strong, but it just had the most fun atmosphere. I definitely recommend it! 

Traveling: Headed to Martha's Vineyard today for a long weekend to celebrate my BFF's Aly and Will! I can't wait! Follow along on Instastories

Quoting: 'Remember, no man is a failure who has friends!'- It's a Wonderful Life// See more of my favorites, here. 

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I love that Christmas tree - it looks like something that would be in Nashville!

Lauren,
http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure