Thursday, August 2, 2018

Lately 8/2/2018


Holy moly it is August. Not that you need to be told, but we are 67% done with the year already. HOW?! I personally think August is such an odd month. This is because it is most definitely summer- in fact, the hottest and muggiest part of summer here in Pittsburgh and yet so many brands and companies start to push out their fall messaging and products. It's confusing, right? Like I want a pumpkin candle and a cozy sweater but no. I need to chill and enjoy the 'now'.

I'm someone who kind of loathes August. I absolutely cannot stand super hot temperatures and humidity. I don't know how people in much hotter climates do it, but props to you! However, I try to make the best of it because it will be negative 5 degrees here way too soon. I'm actually not sure which one I hate more- super hot or super cold. I change my mind daily. I think today I hate the cold more.

Back to the confusing part of August. I'm one of 'those people' who just want to get to September/October. Those are my two favorite months out of the entire year! Cooler temperatures, all of the fall things, the best outfits (in my opinion), lots of fun events and traveling... fall is just the best.

But now I will stop because it's August. It is not fall. It is still hot. And I need to keep reminding myself of that!

This week was busy. I'm headed out of town tomorrow for the weekend to attend a wedding so I've had to cut the work week to 4 days. It's always nice having a short week, but at the same time that just means lots more work packed into those 4 days!

Wearing: I shared this lounge set (Top// Shorts) on Instagram and Instastories yesterday! They remind me so much of my favorite, Lake Pajamas but are less pricey. Not only that but they go on sale every so often, too, making them even better! They are incredibly soft, you'll want all three colors! I sized up to a medium in both the top and bottom.
Eating: I did a *bad* thing this week and got a Nothing Bundt Cakes mini cake. If you have never had one, do yourself a favor and try it. They are seriously SO good.


Reading: I just got this book, Ghosted by Rosie Walsh, sent to me! I am about 20 pages in and it's really good so far! Also- for some reason, I have all of the sudden been receiving catalogs left and right! I feel bad because they're such a waste of paper so I have been trying to cancel them left and right. But I will say that it's kind of nice being able to sit in bed and flip through the catalogs. It's like online shopping without distractions or the light from your phone. It feels a little like 1995 and I like it. 

Sale-ing: The Tuckernuck endless summer sale started this morning! You get an extra 25% off using code SUMMER25. Tuckernuck is one of my all-time favorite sites for amazing clothes. Their curated selection is always perfect so when a sale happens, this is big!

Sale-ing II: I just got these booties in for fall and I love them! The brand is new-to-me and super high quality. Right now, all of the boots are 40% off!

Watching:
 Last weekend I watched The Book of Henry. I had no idea what to expect, but holy cow is it SAD. As sad as it was, it was really good and I recommend it! The preview makes it out to look like a thriller and it's more of a drama than anything else! 

Listening: I've started August's playlist. There are only 5 songs so far but it's starting off to be a good one! 

Loving: This Net-a-Porter gift set is incredible. It has so many skincare brands and is perfect for traveling! It would also make for a really nice gift!

Wanting: Not too much caught my eye this week! Scroll see to see the few things I loved. 

Pittsburgh-ing: Non-stop flights to London from the Pittsburgh airport coming April 2019. Sounds like a really great excuse to hop the pond once again! 

Quoting: 'Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you- not because they are nice, but because you are.' // See more of my favorites, here. 

1 comment:

Laura Baker Busic said...

I would love to see some of your faves from the Tuckernuck sale!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure