Thursday, August 23, 2018

Lately 8/23/2018




After this, we only have one more lately post until September. WHAT! August might have been the quickest month ever. I was sick all last week so this week feels like a breath of fresh air! Here's to getting things done!

This week, I went to Cincinnati with Olay for a quick 24-hour trip. That is where Procter and Gamble are headquartered! It was so eye-opening and fun to learn more about their products and to check out the Olay labs! I love Olay even more now- it's incredible all of the research, science and hard work that goes into every single product! I'm an Olay fan for life now!

Wearing: This dress is super boho- especially for me, but I have loved wearing it in the heat. It's so lightweight and easy-breezy. I toss it on whenever I run out to grab lunch or dinner or even just run errands! It's really short, so if you are any taller than me (5'6"), it might be too short!

Eating: I saw this Ramen at Trader Joe's and bought one. I love ramen. In college people complained about eating Ramen, but I loved it. I'd eat it daily if it were even remotely healthy! Trader Joe's version is better for you in that there aren't any 'weird' ingredients. The taste was good- a little too mushroomy for me (I hate mushrooms, so take that criticism with a grain of salt) but still good. I'd buy it again!

Reading: I just finished Ghosted by Rose Walsh and it was so good! A great summer read that leaves you hanging on every page!
Sale-ing: You guys, the Lilly Pulitzer sale is coming SO SOON! Is anyone else so excited?! I wore so much Lilly this summer so I am ready to see what makes the sale!

Sale-ing II: Tuckernuck's Labor Day sale is starting this Friday and they let me in on the discount code early! You can take an extra 20% off sale items with code SENDOFF20. If you see something you love, snag it now before it's announced on their website and things start selling out! There were so many things just added to the sale and I dug through all of it to find the best!

Watching:
 I had a lot of couch time last week, so I started watching Sharp Objects (HBO) again. I still don't love it, but here I am, all caught up. It's SO creepy. I also watched I, Tonya (story of Tonya Harding) and I thought the storyline was really interesting but I found myself bored throughout the movie because it seemed to drag on. I also mentioned that I had been watching The Bold Type but I gave up on it already. I started The Sopranos- I'm super late to the game but I know everyone raves about it. I'm only 2 episodes in and I'm not really sure how I feel about it. Clearly, I am in need of some good show recommendations. I feel like I have watched them all. 

Listening: I've been playing Chance's new songs on repeat- specifically 65th and Ingleside! So fun and catchy! 

Loving: HM is always hit or miss for me but sometimes I find some real gems. Right now I think they have so many great pieces for fall and their prices are always great. I ordered this dress, this sweater, and this blouse. I think the blouse looks like gorgeous wallpaper!!

Loving II: I posted about these mules a few 'Lately's ago and got them in the sand color. They are SO cute! I love that they are a fall shoe but the beautiful light suede makes them appropriate for right now, too! 

Wanting:
 Did you know that Lou and Grey is now available at Nordstrom? The brand has such great basics and loungewear. I can always count on Lou and Grey to have the softest fabrics! I'm also loving this Lilly cardigan? The soft pink shade is gorgeous but the little details are what make it so different! 

Pittsburgh-ing: Have you all heard about Scoobi? It's a scooter rental service! It's kind of like the bikes all over Pittsburgh. You just use the app and find a scooter around Pittsburgh and hop on. I want to try it out! I rode a scooter for the first time on Nantucket and it was so much fun!  

Traveling: Tomorrow I head to Nashville to visit my sorority sister, Lisa! I lived with Lisa during our junior year in our sorority house and then we moved into a townhouse together for our senior year! I haven't seen her in too long! She recently moved to Nashville and just got engaged so our trip is long overdue! She is going to show me around the city and on Saturday night we are going to the Taylor Swift concert! So excited!

Quoting: 'It is better, I think, to grab at the stars than to sit flustered because you know you cannot reach them' - R.A. Salvatore// See more of my favorites, here. 

5 comments:

Gentry Adams said...

Have you watched The Mindy Project (funny and light) or The Good Wife (serious drama) - currently binging both!

Rachael H said...

Have you watched The Good Wife? It is on Amazon Prime I think.... but it is SO GOOD. What about Schitts Creek (I think that is on Netflix) - Schitts Creek is super easy to watch because the episodes are only 30 mins.

Annsterw said...

Great quote!!! I cannot wait to try a scobi!!!

Kelly said...

Watch Parenthood! It will seriously give you all the feels. You'll laugh, you'll cry. Since you are close with your family, you will fall in love with it.

Casey said...

Your couch looks soooo comfy!!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure