Tuesday, September 4, 2018

How to Dress for Fall in the Heat







Sunglasses// Chanel Ballet Flats (similar)
Lip Color: Lip Pencil (pillow talk)// Balm (berry)
Shop the Look:

We've got a short week this week which is always so nice! I hope everyone had a wonderful Labor Day weekend! Fall is my favorite season and I am fully ready to embrace it. However, as much as I wish I could will the fall temperatures into fruition, I can't. Therefore, I appropriately dress for the crazy 90-degree heat we have been having. 

Through the years, though, I have found ways to sneak a little bit of fall into my wardrobe starting in early September- even when the temperatures are skyrocketing! This is an example of an outfit that can easily be worn now in the heat and then I share how you can quickly transition it to fall just by adding this beautiful leather jacket. The tweed fabric is lightweight but will also be a great shift dress to have on hand in the colder months because you can easily add tights and a turtleneck or cardigan! 

The textured tweed fabric gives a nod to fall, as does the closed toed shoes. Plus, the leather jacket is a stunning shade of deep burgundy. I have a black leather jacket that I get a lot of wear out of in the fall season. I thought I wanted to get a brown leather jacket, but instead, I came across the burgundy shade. I love that with the burgundy, you can pair it with everything from browns, tans, blacks, grays, navy, etc. It really works with all of the fall/winter shades! 

In these photos, I am wearing the go-to lip duo that I have mentioned before. It's this lip liner (in pillow talk) and then I top it off with this balm (in berry). I don't really wear lip liner, but I use the liner to fill in my lips entirely. The color is just a step deeper than my natural lips with a dry/matte finish. I top it off with the balm for an added dose of everyday color but also because I like a creamier feel on my lips! The best thing about both products is that they are pretty neutral so they will work with a lot of skin tones!

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure