Thursday, October 25, 2018

Lately



This week was crazily quick! Today is my last 'work' day of this week since I am en route to Kentucky for Keeneland this weekend with my family! This past weekend, we flew my sister in from Charlotte to surprsise my mom for her birthday! We have been celebrating her all month and this past Sunday was her acutal birthday! It was so fun to see my mom so shocked on Friday night and it was so nice to have Callie here all weekend. We miss her so much and can't wait for her to be back all week during Thanksgiving! 

This week I have been planning out our trip to New York City. Each year, I plan a family trip around Christmastime and it's always in DC. This year, we decided to mix it up and do it in NYC! None of us have ever been to New York when it is decorated so we are excited to see all of the decor and hustle and bustle. I've made a full itinerary and secured most of the reservations! 



Wearing: I've shared this sweater many times before. It is one of the favorites that I own. Unfortunately, it's pricey. Well, my amazing friend Aly found an EXACT copy of the sweater for so much less. She has the pricier one and ordered the less pricey one and they are truly exact copies! I am going to order one!

Drinking: Did you see this week's blog post where I shared 5 cocktails I am interested in trying during the holiday season? 

Reading: I love this growing list of stores closed on Thanksgiving Day! Sales can wait! 
Sale-ing: Neiman Marcus is having another good sale! $50 off $200, or $100 off your $400 regular-priced purchase with code SAVENOW. Valid now through 10/26. Did you know they offer Club Monaco? I recently discovered this and their pieces are almost always included in their sales! I have been eye this cashmere sweater and this cashmere tie cardigan and both are included in the sale! Which to choose?! Scroll through the widget above to see some of my favorite pieces included in the sale. Most Ferragamo is included, which is one of my favorite designer brands. Their shoes and bags are just incredibly well-made. The prices still aren't 'cheap' by any means, but a $100 savings is really nice since Ferragamo doesn't often go on sale. Both the varina and vara shoes that I always wear are included! Also, a signet ring almost identical to mine is included in the sale. It's 14k gold just like mine and you get $100 off making it $398 which is crazy because I paid a lot more for mine. The (insanely priced) Manolo Blahnik shoes I am just dying to have are also included... maybe now is the time!

Sale-ing II: Kohl's is offering 20% off your entire purchase with code SAVE20. Now through 10/28. The best coffee machine ever (seriously you will not regret this purchase- I'm amazed by it every morning) is already on sale and then you get an extra 20% off, so you save a total of $81.

Watching: I just started the Haunting of Hill House on Netflix. I'm only one episode in- I am watching it because everyone has been commenting on how scary it is. I am not one for scary shows or movies, but so far in the first episode, I don't find it all that terrifying. We'll see! Good show for the week of Halloween! 

Loving: I came across this Etsy site where they have such gorgeous earrings. They look very similar to Rebecca de Ravenel but for much less!

Wanting: Holiday items are starting to emerge and I cannot resist. AH! Someone hide my wallet. Has anyone else started their holiday shopping? I'm normally way ahead of the game when it comes to this but this year I have absolutely nothing for anyone yet! My number one favorite is picking out our Christmas Eve pajamas. My sister, mom, and I all wear the same ones. 
Pittsburgh-ing: I finally made it to Federal Galley on the North Side. It was much bigger than Smallman Galley (in the strip) but still has 4 restaurant concepts to choose from. I'm a huge fan of Iron Born at Smallman Galley so I tried Michigan and Trumbull which serves similar-style pizza. My friend Dani and I split the Packard Pepperoni and holy cow was it good. We also split the Woodward Ave White, but we didn't love it- it tasted too much of lemon. I actually found the pepperoni pizza to be better at Federal Galley than Smalman Galley! The real show stopper, though, was the Teader Fries. They were waffle fries with seasoning and I have no way of describing them except they were incredible. I would go even if just for those fries. Everyone agreed they were incredible. 

Traveling: I'm headed to Lexington, KY for Keeneland with my family and family friends. We go every year and I can't wait! I'll be sharing more on Instastories as I travel! 

Quoting: Do what you feel in your heart to be right. You’ll be criticized anyway.” Eleanor Roosevelt // See more of my favorites, here. 

4 comments:

Cee Cee from KY said...

Ah this is the only weekend I'm NOT going to Keeneland this meet! Would have loved to meet you! Hopefully you're posting up somewhere cozy in the Thoroughbred Club or Keeneland Club! We had dinner at the Castle last weekend and it's worth a stop in, even if only for a drink in the bar. We're going back to stay over Valentine's weekend!

Casey said...

I just bought my Christmas cards today, and I've got a couple stocking stuffers so far. Plus, it snowed last Saturday so I feel justified in putting up my Christmas evergreen decorations.

Anonymous said...

Simply desire to say your article is as astounding. The clearness in your
post is simply great and i could assume you are an expert on this subject.
Well with your permission let me to grab your feed to keep
updated with forthcoming post. Thanks a million and please continue the enjoyable work.

Maitland said...

Last year my mom, sister, and I did New York before Christmas and it was so wonderful! I know you said you've made reservations, but I highly recommend going to Balthazar if you're there on a Saturday night. They have a short ribs special and it was lick your plate clean good. In fact, the three of us ordered it, which is very unusual. Also, Sarabeth's had great mulled wine so even if you don't eat there it's worth a cup if you can pop in.

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure