Thursday, November 1, 2018

Lately





Hello November! I mean, can you believe it?! Did everyone have a good Halloween? I went over to my parents to see all of the cute trick or treaters and dressed Henry up in his Dino costume! He hated the costume but it was his first Halloween with me so I just had to dress him up- even if only for 5 minutes, ha!

Right now, as you are reading this, I am headed on a fun trip. It's only about 2.5 hours away from Pittsburgh. I have never been and also don't know anyone who has been so, I hope it's as cool as it is in the photos I have seen online!

Because I had a 3-day week, I had to work ahead. This has been the theme of my fall: working ahead. On top of that Henry got sick! If I shared what was wrong with him, it would be TMI for this blog, but it wasn't pretty. I was really worried about him so I took him to the emergency vet. They did some tests and all of them came back negative, phew! So, they just gave him a one-time dose that will 'cure' him and he should be back to normal! He's in good hands with my parents all weekend!

Wearing: This past weekend, I was in Lexington, KY with family and friends! We went to a basketball game on Friday and then to Keeneland on Saturday. It was cold and rainy but we still had a great time! You can see in the photos above what I chose to wear. It was hard to choose a cute outfit that would still be weather appropriate. I keep turning to this amazing Sail to Sable dress. It's not only gorgeous with the textured fabric and leather details around the sleeve cuffs and neckline, but the fabric is warm and the long sleeves make it a little more casual so I am able to wear it often!
Eating: For my mom's birthday dinner, she requested that we go to Legends of the North Shore. I had never been but she and my dad go often. It's Italian and kind of a hole-in-the-wall type place. It's BYOB, which I always appreciate. The food was wonderful! Classic Italian dishes but they also have some unique and interesting specials! I definitely recommend checking it out. 

Drinking: This weekend, we drank Keeneland Breezes. I'm not much of a bourbon person... in fact I don't really like it at all. But, I do enjoy a Keeneland Breeze. It's a good fall/winter drink! 

Reading: James Madison University students created this Buzzfeed article and asked if I would share it. It's fun to see some of my favorite spots from my college days and I love that they are trying to win a 'contest' for a class! The contest is for who's page can get the most views so go check it out!

Sale-ing: Tis the season for ALL of the sales. I'll be sure to share when my favorite retailers have their sales. Like last year, I think we will see major sales starting to roll out. The Black Friday sales are still great, but I've noticed retailers launching just as good sales earlier so keep your eyes out for that! Right now, Bergdorf's has 300 pages of sale items. I'd suggest sorting by your size and price range. You can score some gorgeous designer dresses for more than half off! Neiman Marcus is having a sale 25-50% off items. They carry a lot of items that both Nordstrom and Shopbop have, so if you see something full price on either of those websites, check Neimans to see if they are offering it on sale! 

Watching:
 This video from the Pittsburgh Penguins. So good. 

Listening: This is premature, but here is a link to my Spotify Christmas playlist. Every once in a while I start to play a song here and there in the month of November. I get too excited, I can't help myself! 

Loving: This stretchy pocket sticks to your computer and you can easily store your external hard drive. I travel so much and work pretty much anywhere, so having this pocket is SO helpful. I recommend it to anyone who is constantly annoyed by the external hard drive cord!

Wanting: I didn't have time to do much browsing this week but have already started doing a gift search. It's my goal this year to create gift guides with items that I personally own and love as well as unique, quality items! They are coming very soon and I can't wait! 

Pittsburgh-ing: If you are local to Pittsburgh and are around November 8-11, check out a consignment event, Designer Days, that benefits the National Council of Jewish Women, Pittsburgh Section. You can save up to 80% on designers like Gucci, Eileen Fisher, etc. All of the information is available on their website

Traveling: I am somewhere very cool right now and I will share more about it once I am back! Check out my instastories to see where!

Quoting: 'Always be kinder than you feel. // See more of my favorites, here. 

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure