Friday, April 26, 2019

Derby Dresses




what to wear to the kentucky derby

lagos jewelry and mint julep

kentucky derby hats

How to dress for a Kentucky Derby party

How to dress for a Kentucky Derby party
All jewelry on loan from Lagos

I shot these for an Instagram collaboration with Lagos jewelry and I think they're just too fun to not share here on Summer Wind! Lagos launched a Derby collection and it is gorgeous- although, I expected nothing less from this iconic jewelry brand! 

I love the Kentucky Derby and hope to someday be able to attend! We have so much fun at Keeneland each year- the races are so fun to watch and the people watching might even be better! 

Each year, my aunt and uncle host a derby party at their house! It also falls on my cousin's birthday (who also does photography for Summer Wind and shot these photos!). He is turning 21 this year and we are SO excited. When I got engaged in December, we celebrated afterward with friends at a bar in downtown Pittsburgh and we were so bummed that my cousin couldn't celebrate with us because he was 5 months short of being 21! 

So, this year we are celebrating the derby AND a 21st birthday. So fun! 

I have amassed quite the hat and fascinator collection from years of Keeneland races- they sell the most beautiful hats inside the races and I can never resist snagging one. However, I wanted to share this hat with you all that I found on Etsy! They have SO many beautiful hats that would be perfect for any type of Derby event! 

Besides Etsy, you can also find a ton of great fascinators on Amazon and most of them are very inexpensive! In true Amazon fashion, they offer so many different styles and colors. I have this navy fascinator and it was only $14!

If you are hosting a Derby party and are searching for mint julep cups, you can find so many options on Amazon. I got my mint julep cup from The Greenbrier over 10 years ago and love it! When not using it for mint juleps, I love using this style of a cup as a vase.

We have a little over a week until Derby day so I pulled some dresses I love that will be able to arrive in time if you are still looking for the perfect dress! I absolutely love this classic sheath dress- I picture it with an oversized black hat and a red lip!

2 comments:

simply styling said...

Love love love the Derby Dress ! Perfection !

Tracy said...

I love using julep cups as vases! I think they're perfect in a. powder room. And Trader Joe's always has beautiful red spray roses that fill the cup perfectly.

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure