Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Draper James at Jamaica's Tryall Club

Draper James at Jamaica's Tryall Club




A few weeks ago, myself, three other influencers (Sarah, Krychele, and Steph), the Draper James team, hair and makeup artists, a photographer, a PR director, and a stylist landed in Sandy Bay, Jamaica to stay at The Tryall Club

This was, without a doubt, a pinch-me moment. That's saying something because in the 10-years I have been blogging, I have been lucky enough to land some pretty amazing opportunities. Draper James is one of my favorite brands (I'm also a huge Reese fan!!) and the brand truly aligns with my style and taste perfectly. 

So why were we all in Jamaica? We were there to shoot the May/June collections on the 2,200 acres of The Tryall Club

I was trying to fit everything into one post and it became far too long, so today I am sharing the pieces from the May collection and then later this week, I will share all of the details about the insanely gorgeous Tryall Club! 

The pieces from this collection are easy-breezy summer pieces that you can wear for a multitude of occasions. I love the Americana-vibes and lots of blue hues are right up my alley! In fact, you'll see that everything I wore from May's collection has a shade of blue in it. I loved it all! 

As I'm sharing these looks, I wanted to highlight that Draper James also collaborated with M.Gemi (which is a brand with gorgeous, high-quality shoes). Most of the shoes you see me wearing are part of that collection. These heeled sandals are a summer shoe staple and I could not get over how comfortable they are (such high quality, too)! You could wear them to dance the night away and still be in total comfort!

It's honestly amazing what it takes to produce and execute a photo shoot. It requires a lot of planning and coordination, a lot of hard work on-site, all while you are trying to work with whatever weather you are given (hence why you rarely see my hair down in any of these photos- the humidity!!!!). 

I've been fortunate to be on set for a few photoshoots and it never ceases to amaze me all of the talent and teamwork that it takes! Luckily, the team of women was a truly amazing one. We all got along so well and everyone was so hard working.

Draper James May New Arrivals

Krychele looking gorgeous in this dress!

Love this simple and classic chambray dress which you can dress up or down. It's really lightweight so it's perfect for hot summer days. I think it would also be cute to style it with a belt around the waist! 


This dress reminded me of a dress I had from Gap Kids when I was little! It's floral printed and made of thicker denim fabric. It's one of those casual dresses that you can just toss on and go. Also great for travel because it doesn't wrinkle! 

Steph looking beautiful in this dress

This top is so sweet and the embroidery and eyelet at the sleeves really add some nice detail. Besides white jeans, this would look great worn casually with denim shorts! You can't really tell in these photos, but the blue fabric is actually super thin stripes! 

All photos shot by Maggie Armstrong, styled by Colson Horton, hair by Dana Boyer,  makeup by Caitlin Wooters, Draper Team (Lydia and Emma), Hawkins PR (Emily Shearburn). The best team of women!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The link to the sneakers doesn't work, can you share the brand?

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure