Monday, April 15, 2019

Life Lately

Shoes (now available online!!)

Today I thought I would do a bit of a diary-style post where I share some updates with all of you. I feel like SO much has been going on over here in the past few weeks and it has been a lot! 

Jamaica// Last week, I had an incredibly exciting trip with Draper James (Reese Witherspoon's brand). We traveled to the incredible Tryall Club in Jamaica with a team of photographers, art directors, hair and makeup artists, the DJ team and more! Me and three other influencers wore pieces from the May/June collections and these images will be a part of the campaigns. It was such a pinch-me-moment and I cannot wait to share more about the trip and the collections! 

Dress// Hermes Cashmere Shawl (similar)// Chanel Flats (similar)


Wedding Dress// This weekend, I had two bridal appointments and I FOUND MY DRESS! I am not sharing any details about it but I am just so excited. It was so much fun to spend the day with my mom, dad, grammie, and fiance´s mom. We also went to lunch at our rehearsal dinner spot so my fiance´ and his mom could try the food and see what they thought about the space. I'm so glad they loved it because it is one of my favorite local spots where the food is so delicious. Their antipasto platter is out of this world incredible and a lot of the ingredients used in the dishes are imported from Italy! 

Moving// I am sooooo over moving. I really shouldn't complain because most has gone smoothly thus far. However, I'm just over it. I'm kind of living in limbo right now because most of my belongings are in the new house but all of the furniture is still in my apartment, so it's like I'm living in two places. I think our first night in the new house will be this Friday, but that's TBD! Today, my mom is actually helping me move the rest of my stuff. So, I hope by the end of today, very little of my 'stuff' will be in my apartment and all that will be left will be the furniture for the movers to take care of. I've ordered some new furniture, new tech things like TV's, ring doorbell, Amazon Show, etc. that I'm excited to set up. The only frustrating thing is that I really want to start hanging things on the wall but obviously have to wait until all of the furniture is in to start making the house into a home. I seriously cannot wait. 

Traveling// I really tried to keep traveling to a minimum for the first 6 months of 2019. Between the engagement and wedding planning, plus the new house and move, I just felt like adding too much travel into the mix would overwhelm me. We are going on a fun wine trip to Ohio (my fiancĂ© is from Ohio) and I'm looking forward to just getting away for one night. Then, we are looking forward to our Nantucket trip in June. We went to Nantucket for the first time together last year and we had a blast. It's truly my fiance´s happy place and we are going for my fiance´s 30th birthday! My fiance´ used to work summers on Nantucket (at the Juice Bar!!) when he was in college and one of his best friends from high school/college also worked at the Juice Bar with him. They lived together on Nantucket... it was so sweet, Andrew and I rode bikes to his old house on Nantucket last year. So, his best friend and his fiance´ will be joining us for the long weekend celebration and I'm so excited! Starting in July, travel picks up and continues to be busy for the rest of the year. Fun!! 

My Birthday// My 29th birthday was yesterday. I know I'm getting old because all I requested was my mom make a homemade meal for me (which she already does so often, ha!) and that I get my absolute favorite Giant Eagle white cake with white icing. One of my all-time favorite foods that I don't eat often because it's hard to find (and my mom rarely makes) is corned beef and cabbage. Probably not most people's favorite food, but it's truly one of my all-time favorite meals. So, Saturday night, we went out for drinks and my favorite Mexican and then Sunday my parents had corned beef and cabbage for me...yum! Afterward, more family came over to celebrate with cake and ice cream! One of the other things I wanted to do for my birthday was go antiquing- which is really how I know I am getting old, ha! So my mom and I spend Sunday afternoon looking for antiques for my new house. Unfortunately, we struck out but it was so much fun.

1 comment:

simply styling said...

That birthday cake is perfection !!! I'm loving that beautiful scarf ! Hoping that you had a fantastic birthday !

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure