Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Wedding Wednesday: The Music

This is one of the most important things to me and I'm so excited because our band is officially booked! Bachelor Boys Band will be playing at our wedding. They are so good and I'm so glad they're available for our date.


Music is such a huge part of my life and also a big part of my family's. Because of that, I thought I would share a playlist of songs that I would like played at our wedding... we requested to have very few Top 40/Pop songs played. I specifically asked for oldies and Motown- that is what we all love so much!

Today I'm sharing the dancing songs! Of course, for dinner, we will do the classic Frank Sinatra stuff (my favorite) and jazz music, but these are the fun ones! You can listen to the Spotify playlist here on Summer Wind, but if you have Spotify, you can find the playlist, here

Obviously, not all of these will be played. I wish they could all be played and I wish I could have added even more, but when you are thinking about songs you want to be played at any event where you want everyone to dance, you have to keep in mind that you have to actually be able to dance to the songs!  Like I would love some Talking Heads, Marshall Tucker Band, Walking In The Wind by Traffic, etc. but you just can't really dance to that kind of stuff! 

Anyway, it's a really fun playlist and great for anyone looking for some fun, upbeat dancing/party music.

I have a really fun surprise planned for my family in terms of music! I cannot wait to share it not only with my family, but all of you, too. I have never been to a wedding that has done this and have never seen this before- it's nothing groundbreaking but it's going to be SO MUCH FUN and I know my family will be so surprised!

Did you have (or will you have) a band or a DJ at your wedding? I've noticed that most of my friends have done bands, but I have been hearing from a lot of you who have used DJ's, too!

1 comment:

Annie said...

I'm not engaged yet but for the last few years I've kept a running list on my Notes app of songs I want played at my wedding, and it is almost song-for-song identical to yours! We're planning on eloping, so no big ceremony/dinner, but we'll be using our playlist for a big family reception later on.

Just wanted to compliment you on your (and your family's) great taste in music! Haha

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure