Thursday, May 2, 2019

Sephora Sale Favorites

I am so excited Sephora is back with their tiered sale for beauty insiders! The sale started on April 26th and runs through May 6th. There are three different levels to Sephora's sale: VIB Rouge, VIB, and Beauty Insider. These levels are what determine what percent you will save on the sale and when you are able to get access to use the sale code! 

For VIB Rouge, you have to spend more than $1000 annually at Sephora an if you are on that level, you currently have access to 20% off practically everything on Sephora's site (there are a few exclusions, but very minimal). The code is HEYROUGE. 

If you are like me and are a VIB member, then you are so excited that you can finally shop (as of today!!). If you are a VIB, you get 15% off everything (again, some exclusions). Use code HEYVIB.

And lastly, if you are a Beauty Insider (no yearly spend minimum), you get 10% off starting today using code HEYINSIDER. 

So, today I thought I would share some of my favorite Sephora items so you can shop away and try out some new things! These are all of my tried and true favorites that I personally use. 

Marc Jacobs Velvet Noir Mascara// My mascara recommendations need to be taken with a grain of salt because I have lash extensions so I only ever wear mascara on the bottom. I really love this mascara because it lasts a long time but is also easy to remove. 

Charlotte Tilbury Full Fat Lashes// I love the brush on this one for the lower lashes because it is smaller compared to some other mascara brushes. It's pretty 'exact', too, so it coats each lash. 

Anastasia Brow Powder// I used to use this for filling in my brows- I have naturally thin brows which drives me nuts. I loved this because it's so easy and basically fool-proof. However, a makeup artist was doing my makeup and used the pencil on me and the pencil just looks SO much more natural and less 'thick'. So, when I have time, I truly prefer the pencil, but if you want something quick, this is it! I also rarely wear eyeliner, but when I do, I use the darker brown as my eyeliner. I find it looks so much more natural and flattering than a harsh black pencil or liquid liner. 

Makeup Forever Ultra HD Foundation// This is my #1 favorite foundation. It is full coverage and looks so good in photos. A makeup artist told me I don't need to be using something with so much coverage, but she did agree it is great for photos/video. So, I'm on the hunt to find something that has a little less coverage for everyday use because I'm proud of the skin I have (and use 38234098 skincare products to get, ha!). 

Urban Decay Naked Concealer// Ok so this has been my ride or die concealer for years. I recently got the Tarte shape tape that everyone raves about. I like the Urban Decay a lot better. I think it blends better, the color is more natural (I wear exactly the same shade in both brands), and it wears better and longer! Could not recommend this concealer more!

Color Correcting Stick// This is a new product for me. Lately, I have been getting dark undereye circles. I've never really had an issue before so it's frustrating. A makeup artist told me to use this peach color corrector and it truly works. You use it under your concealer! 

Benefit Precisely My Brow Pencil// I love this brow pencil. Very similar to Anastasia's brow pencil (which I also love) and it's what I am currently using because I wanted to compare it to the Anastasia pencil. They're basically the same, and what makes me ragey is that Benefit's version is .002 oz. and costs $3 more than the Anastasia product which costs less and is .001 oz more product. Also, why does a TINY bit of product cost so much. I'm off to the drugstore to try to find a dupe because I find the cost for so little product to be ridic

Becca BFF Palette// This is one of my newer products. I went into Sephora for a bronzer and came out with this palette. It was actually cheaper than a lot of bronzers and you get a highlight, bronzer and two blushes. The highlight is really pretty (not as good as this one, though), and the blushes are also gorgeous. It's similar to the blush I mention below because you can use one for your cheekbones and the other for the apples of your cheeks. The bronzer is truly beautiful. It's glowy and so natural looking... not a hint of orange at all. It's not super pigmented/dark so you can't really mess it up. I've heard this one and this one are good dupes. I will report back. 

Charlotte Tilbury Cheek to Chic// Love love love this blush. It has the subtlest highlight finish and I love that it has two colors so you can use one on your cheekbone and then one at the apples of your cheeks. The powder blends really beautifully. Generous amount of product, too! 

Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat// There is a reason this lip pencil in pillowtalk is always selling out. It is truly the best lip product out there. I don't wear lip liner to line my lips, but use it to fill in my entire lip so it looks like a matte lipstick. Then I'll add a balm over top. The pillowtalk color is basically the color of my lips but better. It looks natural and is the perfect 'no makeup makeup' look. If you have no patience for a pencil, they also make it in a lipstick, which I have, too! 

Dior Lip Glow// Best lip balm/color ever. Berry and pink are my two favorites. I have so many tubes of this stuff and wear it almost daily. It's like a balm but pigmented in a way that looks very natural. The only thing that is annoying is that it doesn't last very long so I have to reapply, but it feels exactly like chapstick!

Crushed Lip Color// This is creamy and smooth like a nice lipstick, but at the same time, it's matte. I wear the color 'babe' which is an everyday pinkish red. What I love most about this is that you can control how pigmented it looks. If you do a light coat, it looks more subtle for everyday wear. But, you can press harder/use more product and the color intensifies so you could wear it at night/for something fancy! It also lasts SO long but never dries out my lips. 

Brazilian Bum Bum Cream// This is the most delicious smelling body lotion. I typically don't like these 'sweet' smells, but oh my goodness it is so summery! It has the most subtle shimmer that you can't even see unless you are in the right light. Great for when you are wearing dresses/swimsuits and you are showing a lot of skin.

Ole Henriksen Wipes// I love these. I especially love using for traveling because these are so refreshing and really wake you up and moisturize your skin at the same time.

Facial Radiance Pads// I use these almost daily. They are a gently exfoliating pad and they don't make me red at all. They are similar to these pads but gentler for everyday use and a lot less pricey.

Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask// This is as good as everyone says. It is thick without feeling goopy or sticky and my lips really do feel better in the morning. They now make it in a TUBE!!!!

Youth Concentrate Serum// I am currently using this and I really like it. The texture is light and easy to use morning or night. I haven't seen any crazy results, but I've only been using it for about 10 days.

Eye Cream// This is what I am currently using at night and I LOVE it. It's so thick and rich so you don't have to use much, but I wake up in the morning and my eyes are so incredibly soft and hydrated. I find it to be very similar to this eye cream which I think I love both equally.

Ultra Repair Cream// You can use this anywhere on your body and on your face. It's SO good. I load this on like a mask and I find that it calms redness and intensely hydrates. My fiancé loves it, too.

Chemical Exfoliator// This is a really inexpensive but effective chemical exfoliator. It tingles, but I love that because I know it's working. This is a great budget-friendly alternative to products like Goop's exfoliating instafacial and Drunk Elephant's baby facial.

Black Tea Mask// This is one of my favorites. It is so soothing and almost tingles a tiny bit. This is one of those immediate satisfaction masks because after removing it from my face, I notice my skin instantly smoother, softer, and brighter.

Exfoliator// This is an exfoliator that is grainy so it will actually get off all of the dead skin. This is so pricey and I really wish I didn't like it but it truly works SO well. 

Terre d'Hermes// This is 'for men' and it definitely has a manly vibe, but I just LOVE it. It's bold without being overpowering and smells cozy but also fresh at the same time. It's so hard to describe scents, but check out the reviews on Sephora's website- this is rated so highly and a lot of the reviews are women like me who love it for themselves!   

Chanel Chance// This is one of my all-time favorite perfumes. It never gets old. It's light and fresh and feminine without being overly floral or powdery. 

Invisibobble Slim// I have tried all versions of the invisibobble, I have also tried the cheap knock-offs and these slim hair ties are the best they make! I have super thick hair and a lot of it so it takes some real strength to hold my hair in place. These do the trick.

Tweezers// I have had the same tweezers for probably 10+ years. They are the best.

2 comments:

Bluegrass Belle said...

Head's up: the Laneige tube isn't the sleeping mask, it's very much a gloss/balm. That said, I do really like it for day wear!

Sarah said...

A wonderful drugstore alternative for the eyebrow pencils you mentioned is the NYX Micro Brow Pencil. I am a freelance makeup artist and I use it on literally all of my bridal clients. Taupe is a good universal colour that I have found to work on about 85% of my clients, but they have a good range of colours to choose from.

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure