Monday, June 24, 2019

1 Headband, 3 Ways


1 Headband, 3 Ways

1 Headband, 3 Ways

how to style a headband

I might be a headband's biggest fan. I've worn them since I was very young and I think the reason I love them so much is that it keeps hair out of my face. I also went through a 'wear a headband everyday' phase during the Gossip Girl days, anyone else?! 

I wear my hair down a lot, but it drives me nuts when my hair is in my face. A headband is a stylish way to still wear your hair down with minimal effort. I actually find it perfect for second-day hair, too! 

In the past year, though, the knotted headband trend has been popping up. You all know I'm not usually one for a trend, but every once in a while, I like to try something new. 

I snagged this pink grosgrain headband for just $25. I thought I wasn't going to like the headband. The knot in the middle kind of reminds me of a unicorn horn because they are so big, haha!!

I wore it around and it grew on me. I decided to keep it and it would be my one 'trendy' item... and for $25, I don't really mind if I don't wear it next year. 

I think the key to wearing this type of statement accessory is to keep everything else minimal. Simple or no earrings, minimal jewelry, etc. 


I also love that with headbands there are different ways you can wear them. The differences are subtle but it definitely changes up the look! 

From top photo to bottom, I'll share some notes about how to wear it! 

1. This is my favorite way to wear a headband. I leave my hair in its usual part and tuck both sides behind my ears and add the headband. I find this to be the 'preppier' way to wear it and I also think it looks very clean and simple. 

2. This is how my mom used to put headbands in our hair as children. It's not my favorite, but it looks so good on some people! You just tip your head back and run your fingers through your hair so that you get rid of any part. Slide the headband onto your head so that it smoothes your hair as you put it on. 

3. I think this is the most stylish way to rock a headband and is very Blair Waldorf. you just style your hair down as you would usually wear it and add the headband by putting it straight down so no hair is being pulled back. I like to tuck my hair behind my ear on the side with less hair.

Next up, I'm curious to try a hat band! Have you all heard of them? Princess Kate wears them and they look so good on her! It's definitely a look, and I think there is a time and a place for it, but I'm curious to see if it's something I would ever wear. I'll report back! 

More Headbands I Love:

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure