Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Hostess Gift Sale Finds


I've been running out of host/hostess gifts in my gift drawer lately. For those of you new here, I learned this really great tip from my mom and Grammie. Growing up, they always had a stash of gifts on hand. Whenever I was running out last minute to a party or whatever it was, they would always have the perfect gift stored away. 

I loved this idea and now do this on my own! I've written about it many times before and shared the type of things that I keep in the gift drawer. My biggest tip is to shop during big sales. Think Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, Sephora Sale, Black Friday, after holidays, etc. I also love finding things at places like Homegoods! Basically, never pay full price!!

I have been stumbling upon items online lately that are all on sale and make the perfect addition to any gift drawer so I thought I would share. Stock up now to have on hand for summer events, but it's also nice to be fully stocked before the holidays so you are set if any last minute parties come up. And when in need, a bottle of wine/bubbly is always appropriate! 

An item I wanted to highlight is this Nest Candle. It's 3-Wick and usually priced at $68.. but is available for $30! You can get creative, too! This beautiful blue and white Melamine platter is on sale right now for $20. It's great on its own, but you could bring over a platter of cookies with a little note saying that the platter is theirs! This dish soap is only $7 and is beautifully packaged, add a sponge, wrap with cellophane and top with a bow and it makes the cutest little gift! I also love little sets like this because they are ready to go- plus at $15 with an extra 20% off, this is truly affordable! 

Ordering things off-season is another one of my favorite things to do because items are usually very inexpensive. For example, these pumpkin napkin rings are so cute. They were originally $7.99 but now marked down to $2.99. You might be thinking it's silly to buy pumpkin things in June, but you'll be glad you have them on hand come fall!

2 comments:

MC said...

If you're ever near a Lenox outlet, they have a great collection of small gifty things like mugs, trinket trays, etc; including Kate Spade. Sale prices can bring things down to $5-10 for great quality items.

Anonymous said...

Such a great idea! This feels like a custom that is fading, but means so much to friends to be thought of!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure