Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Lake Chatuge Recap

I just got back from the lake on Sunday night so I'm sharing a quick little recap from our 10 days on Lake Chatuge! We go every single year with family and friends and it's always so much fun. Lake Chatuge is a large lake situated on the border of Georgia and North Carolina. Half of the lake is in each state. We stay in the Georgia area (Hiawassee) but whenever we take the boat out, we often end up in North Carolina! 

My favorite thing about going to the lake besides being with friends and family is that it is a true vacation for me! Most vacations I work- not only because it's necessary, but I'm also one of those people who has a hard time turning it 'off'.  But, the entire last week I didn't worry about capturing photos, I stayed off of my computer as much as possible, posted minimally to social media and just enjoyed being there in the moment. It's relaxing, refreshing, and recharges me!

This was a shot of Henry the first day we got there. I absolutely love this photo because of his side-eye! He cracks me up constantly. He absolutely LOVES the lake. We keep him off leash the entire time and he is free to roam. He also loves playing fetch with sticks into the water. He could seriously do it all day.  He doesn't mind his life vest at all, either! 

Three staples of this year were: Ingles guacamole (seriously the best ever), tequila, and White Claw. We were constantly going to the store to buy more of these items. Lots of 'light' Palomas were had! 

We also have the best meals each night. Hiawassee is a very small town and there aren't tons of restaurants to choose from. We only went out one night to Enrico's which is in Young Harris, GA. We went for the first time last year and had to come back. It has delicious Italian food! Other nights we had things like crabcakes, grilled caesar salad, tacos, shrimp, and a meat and cheese platter every night. 

One afternoon it rained, so we headed to a nearby antique store. It is large and was just filled to the brim with things! I didn't find anything I loved enough to buy but I just love seeing all of the old things. We also found some hilarious items like a book entitled 'Being Dead is No Excuse: The Official Southern Ladies Guide to Hosting the Perfect Funeral'. 

We went for boat rides and went waterskiing and wakeboarding. I love water skiing. I have been doing it since I was little. It's a workout but thrilling! Another favorite was that we took the boat on a cocktail cruise and parked the boat right outside of a sandbar. We had drinks and played corn hole. So much fun. 
We had this flamingo float that was HUGE. We saw it in the photo online, but we didn't really realize how big it was until it was all blown up. We had 7 of us in it at one point playing the game '21'. We loved this float and hope it survives until next year so we can use it again. We all agreed it was the best float we have ever had. That's saying something because in past years we have gotten those huge slides, trampolines, etc.! 


We ended the trip with the most fun surprise! My Aunt Lindey organized a mini-shower that was 'cocktail' themed. Everyone brought us gifts like barware, wine, cocktail napkins, etc. I am hard to surprise but we literally had NO idea! It was such a fun night!

1 comment:

simply styling said...

Looks like you had a fabulous time !

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure