Thursday, August 22, 2019

Lately





This week has been fun! Lots going on in terms of meetings and events and lots of exciting e-mails coming through for fall! 

I hate to rush a season, but just GIVE ME FALL! We are expecting cooler weather today and throughout the weekend and I'm just so excited. 

I'm wondering if you all decorate your home for fall? In the past, I've just had a scented candle or two and some fall cocktail napkins out... just very tiny touches as fall approaches. I likely will do the same in this house but now that I have a front door and outdoor entryway, I'm excited to decorate that with some mums or something like that!

I'm also excited for Labor Day weekend. It's always such a fun weekend but bittersweet, too, because that's when our club's pool closes!

Wearing: I just love this print and the beautiful green color! It's a romper but looks like a dress and it's dressy but so comfortable. I wore it to a shower this past weekend and got lots of compliments.

Eating: If you are a Pittsburgher, then you are going to want to run to Giant Eagle to pick up a pint of Rivendale's chocolate apricot ice cream. It is not a flavor that I would have ever picked up myself, but after tasting it, it's one of my newest favorites! 

Drinking: So my fiancĂ© and I tried the Svedka version of spiked sparkling water and they were AWFUL. Do not waste your time- they are nothing like Truly/White Claw and just taste fake. 

Sale-ing: There is so much Alo yoga on sale, here

Watching:
 The Crown season 3 is coming to Netflix November 17th and I cannot wait! It's one of my all-time favorite shows. If you have not seen it, I highly recommend it. It's about the British Monarchy! 

Listening: Who else is excited about Taylor Swift's new album? I am!! I haven't loved her released songs but the most recent, Lover has been my favorite! 

Loving: I love this Burberry scarf that has the classic plaid but is in muted, neutral colors. Very understated and can be worn with everything! 

Wanting: So much fall goodness coming out right now I cannot resist! I have already ordered a few heavy sweaters that I likely won't be able to wear until October but they're just too good!! 

Pittsburgh-ing: I am so excited because tonight I am going to the opening party for BHLDN! One just opened in Pittsburgh in Bakery Square. They sent me the most beautiful dress to wear for tonight!

Smelling: This candle is my scent for fall and right now it's on sale! 

Quoting: 'Small changes eventually add up to huge results.' // See more of my favorites, here. 

2 comments:

simply styling said...

Stunning dress ! I'm ready for fall and wishing it was here now !

Tracy said...

I don't do a ton of fall decorating either. Probably because I'm not into Halloween. I have a couple Mackenzie Childs pumpkins that feel more harvest season than Halloween to Thanksgiving so I put those out until I can't stand it anymore and the tree goes up!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure